Inquiry-IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 22, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ya'll, I just discovered this in my old records..now with the Inquiry focus we've had going on this, it seems mighty important and may be a big key.

Information taken from their letter to me: Lakeside Information Resources discloses all of the credit card application information in our files related to our social security number, telephone number, and address. This information is reported to us by Visa and MasterCard bankcard issuers, and is shared with them as provided in the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and similar state laws.

The information included on the consumer report is:
    *total number of times your social security number, address, and telephone number have been used on a credit card application within the past 12 months
    *Any report of unauthorized of fraudulent use of credit cards associated with your social security number, address, or telephone number
    *Any bankruptcy reported for your social security number.
    *Contact info for bankcard issuers who have furnished info to or received info from the Issuer's Clearinghouse Service regarding your SS #, address, or telephone number.

It then goes on to say you can dispute it.

I disputed an item in 2000 and it was removed.

Lakeside Information Resources
    360 East 22nd Street
    Lombard, IL 60148
    630-932-3994
    Fax 630-889-5941

This might be very important?

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Who and what did you dispute with?

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Lakeside Information Resources - I requested a copy and they send it with dispute form which I used to dispute their inquiry entries.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK..maybe I need to say this...maybe inquiries can be more easily deleted from the big 3 if you delete them here first! hmmmm?

5. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

Who or what is Lakeside Information Resources ?

John

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Everything that they are is explained in the first letter...

They maintain records of inquiries....you can dispute them (as I did) after receiving your records. They are tied in to the CRA's

I copied info from their letter to me with their explanation in the first letter.

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Does this go for all inquiries or are there inquiries that just list the Lakeside company. This company is about 15 minutes from me. Why write when I can just drop in? LOL

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK, I wasn't clear......this company Lakeside keeps a record of all inquiries on us....

So, for instance, they have me for cap one, aria, blah, blah. They have mistakes.

They share this info with other companies..and the major 3 CRA's

I was wondering why people weren't more into getting this...they are a CRA for inquiries!!!

9. IncomeHelp

Ooohhhh,
    ANOTHER place we have to send disputes to. Now we have 5. This could be a full time job. And another reason not to use Lex, Jun, etc as the only address the big 3

Thank you for this information!

John

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok....does that mean I cleared this up???

I figure, I'll clear this place up..and then maybe it will be easier to clear up the big 3

11. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

So we can call and get a dispute form and dispute all of our inquiries?

I was under the impression this was done strictly by each CRA. So in other words, you may have had XYZ inquire on TU and then through this company it can get on your EX report?

If this is the case, doesn't it screw up the integrity of mllcbs?

Maybe I am not fully understanding the whole thing here.

12. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

Can't find any info on this company on the web. Very clandestine and interesting.

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

dlo: Yes, I get that impression..

Ok, In the first letter of this thread, I copied (with minor editing) the letter I received from Lakeside explaining their function.

Apparently, Lakeside collects information regarding the items I outlined in the first letter of the thread (credit card applications and bankruptcies). They get this information from Visa and MasterCard bankcard issuers.

In a second letter they state that they serve to assist issuers of Visa and MasterCard bankcards in analyzing bankcard applications, accounts, and public records.

I first heard of them because CO law says they have to notify me when there is a change in my consumer report. They notified me that "at least 3 issuers had requested my report."

If you request a copy of your report, they will send you the information on your report.

They say that they are connected with Equifax and Experian.

Ok, so I got my hubby's report..it showed 4 applications. 1 was false. I disputed it and it was removed from Lakeside (just like a CRA report). I guess the other 3 remain.

So..my theory is that removing inquiries from Lakeside might impact removal of inquires from Experian and Equifax.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

No yellow pages listings - I used Freeality.com. Nana, How old is this information? Could be out of business, or using a different name now.

breeze

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

My last correspondence from them was 12-4-00.

800 number gives me an answering machine that says I've reached the office of Lakeside Information Resources. Just called.

16. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

800 number is 800-995-2590

Hours M-F 8-4:30 CT

They have answering machine

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

OK. They're low-profile then, hehe.

breeze

18. IncomeHelp

19. doodyhead

doodyhead Well-Known Member

woohoo. my first message! Would you like to share the contact info for this company with us? Or are you going to horde it?

20. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Um, Doodyhead (interesting name)...I put the contact information in the first message of this thread. I also posted the 800 number in a later message.

Hmmm...