Inquiry Removal (5)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dustin, Feb 15, 2001.

1. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Is it possible (or has anyone done) to have 5 inquiries removed from a report. They are fairly recent (1 year). Also, can I have inquiries removed from Sprint and Sprint LD, that I never asked them and they never told me that they were going to check my credit. I don't even want long distance (wife calls ALL the time!). Thanks for the help. : )

Dust

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have tried in the past to have inquires removed with no luck. I was told repeatedly by Equifax that I can't dispute inquiries with them I have to contact the creditors who pulled my reports. I tried sending CM/RR and out of the 4 or so I wrote to only one replied, they sent letter claiming that they never pulled my reports I sent this to Equifax and of course was told they don't accept letters from creditors addressed to me grrrr. So I wrote the company again but they didn't respond, I never forced it any further. Maybe others have had luck but I never did:( But with sprint I would call them directly and tell them you never authorized a "hard inquiry" maybe if you sound stern enough they will remove it?

Mom

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I've heard it's possible to have them reclassified to promotional or something so they don't count against you. I've never tried though and have heard that it's difficult. Also I have no idea how you would tell from looking at a credit report if an inquiry is classified properly.

4. zip

zip Well-Known Member

I had good luck with transunion.had a bunch removed

5. Rob

Rob Guest

hey zip, how did you do it????

hey zip, share!

how did you do it, would love to know.

Thanks,
    Rob

6. zip

zip Well-Known Member

RE: hey zip, how did you do it

i used an example letter that i found on another board and sent to all 3. only had good success with TU, they wiped out a bunch!

7. eugene_

eugene_ Guest

RE: hey zip, how did you do it

Zip, where did you find the example letter?
    Which board(url)?
    could you please post it for us :)?
    ThankS!!