Inquiry Removals-My thoughts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Mar 24, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this on here so I'm going to add my experience. If someone else has used this tool, I'd like to know if it worked for you as well as it did for me.

I know inquiries are a problem but when I dispute them from the creditor and they aren't removed, I go the BBB. I've found support when I needed it. I've used it twice and it was successful. This was pre-Junum for me..but thought I'd share.

2. Lashonda

Lashonda Guest

Re: Inquiry Removals-My though

What steps did you complete to take these inquires off your credit report?

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: Inquiry Removals-My though

Hi, Lashonda:

I first sent a standard "this wasn't authorized" letter certified/return receipt to whoever made the inquiry. I was new at this so mine was clumsy..just said I had no clue who they were, had never authorized anything. I got no response in both cases and I then reported it to the Better Business Bureau using their online form making a point to state that this illegal practice was causing me harm.

In both cases, the BBB felt it warranted investigation enough to follow through for me. Within 30 days, I had received letters from companies stating they would remove (for my records..and I verified with CR's)..and I got a letter from BBB asking if everything had been settled in a satisfactory manner. I was able to say yes!

This occurred about 6 months ago. :) I think, in the scheme of things, the companies figured this wasn't enough to have the mark on the BBB, as well.