Inside info on Target Visa!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Target Visa
    This fall, Target Visa will be making its nationwide debut.

Phase 1: Auto-Substitution
    Auto-substitution automatically upgrades existing, qualifying Target Guest Card accounts to Target Visa accounts. Qualifying Target Guest Cardholders do not need to apply for a Target Visa; they will receive a Target Visa in the mail as a replacement for their Target Guest Card. Guests will need to call the toll-free telephone number on the card from their home to activate the account. At that point, their Target Visa is activated and their Target Guest Card is closed. However, once we start selling the card after November 1, if a guest applies and is approved for the Target Visa, they will have to request that their Target Guest Card be closed, unless they want both accounts open.

The Target Rewards Program
    Guests earn points based on the amount of their purchases and the place of their purchases:

$1 spent at Target = 1 point
    $2 spent anywhere else Visa is accepted = 1 point

Guests can keep track of their points through their monthly billing statements. When they earn 1,000 points, they will receive a Target Rewards 10% savings certificate valid for one entire purchase at any Target store (not valid at target.com).

What happens to Target Guest Card Balances?
    Balances will transfer to their Target Visa upon activation. Guests receive a final statement on their Target Guest Card instructing them not to pay anything. Soon thereafter, they will receive a Target Visa statement with their previous Target Guest Card balance on it, as well as any new purchases. The new interest rate will be applied to carried-over balances.

2. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Do you have any details on what a "qualifying" account is?

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Erica, you amaze me! Wow! Thanks for the inside scoop.

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

All I have is what I got in the brochure from work. We are currently in Phase I of the rollout. More towards the end of September when Phase II rolls out.

5. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

What would Phase II be?

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Not too sure, but I think it is this:

auto-substitution continues. Keep selling Target Guest Card and recognize the new Target Visa as an acceptable form of payment.

7. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Erica,do you think that a 10.00 credit line with Target will get me a Visa card?Also would like to know if that Target card puts you in prime territory?

8. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I doubt that 10.00 is enough of a credit line to get you a Visa. You can't even charge a stick of gum with that credit line without going over the limit.

The APR is between 9.9% and 18.9%. I don't have any prime cards, so I don't know if that is prime or not.