insider news about citi

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by samantha, Apr 13, 2001.

1. samantha

samantha Guest

I have a friend who works for citi. she recently told me that citi no longer offers secured cards. They will keep the accounts they currently have but anyone appyling for a new secured card from them will be told to apply for one from associates national bank. she said not to woory if you have a secured card from citi it will stay a citi card. she said its just because associates national bank is now an affiliate of theirs and they have more expereinece with secured cards than citi does. I dont know if the last statement about the experience is true or not but I thought everyone might find this interesting.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I started building credit w/ a secured Citibank Visa for $300. This was back in 1992. This means that Associates has MORE than 9 years experience with secured cards?

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Actually I heard that they will still offer the American Airlines Card-on request only, but will not actively promote it. They will try to steer you to Associates though.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

And here's another piece of inside info. If you have a bank account w/ Citi and are interested in getting the Gold AAdvantage World MC, use the following link to apply; This would give you 5,000 bonus miles and no annual fee for the first 6 months:

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/sp-promo/aa5k_1

Saar