instant approvals, did you get

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 15, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

When you that did receive instant approval got your reponse, did you also receive your account number and expiration date?? I got instant approval and it gave me my account number and said I could use it immedietly, for any transactions that didn't reuqire the actual card. Just curious, I didn't seem to recall this being brought up and if so i do apologize:)

2. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

RE: instant approvals, did you

What bank are you talking about?

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Citibank

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Of course.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

now who else would I be talking about LOL. Seriously though, just curious about the account numbers:)

6. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Mom, you got the account number because you are already a Citibank customer. I think that's why they want you to enter your current card #, if you are already a cardholder. Just a thought.

7. Barry

Barry Guest

There has to be something to the instant approval. I had a BK 4 years ago...and Citibank was one of the creditors...I have perfect credit since then...steady job history 21 years, steady residence history, and a great income...have the typical sub-prime cards with perfect historys with them...but got the dreaded " As soon as your application is processed, we'll send the results to the address you submitted on your application." Has anyone received this message and gotten approval? Wonder what the requirements are for instant approval V.S. the delayed responce?

P.S. Roni you provide wonderful information..thank you!

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think you are right Lady, thanks never thought about it like that:)

9. Len

Len Guest

Barry, I got the same message and I have your same financial history (BK with Citibank 7 years ago). If they accept me, I will consider it astounding. Hope you get it.

10. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Barry, I have a BK from 1992, but Citibank was not included and it isn't showing on my Equifax report (which is the one Citi usually pulls). I got the same message as you and received both cards (Silver & Gold). Good luck!

11. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Kirk,
    You just answered my question (posted it under Citibank Message thread under Kirk!)
    You got a Citi card but did not include them in you 92 BK.

thanks

chet

12. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I too received that same message when I applied for the card 10/13. I too included Citibank cards in my 1992 Bankruptcy. I applied for a *secured* Citibank card in 3/00 and was DENIED! If I am denied for the AAdvantage card, I am going to call them and ask if they will approve me for the card and just add on the balance that I owe them from the 1992 BK (about $3000). Makes perfect sense - they get their money and I get a card.

I tried that when denied for the secured card and they said no! Go figure - making an attempt to pay them back and they basically said "get lost".

chet

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am not positive but maybe if you have an entry in the bk, public record category that do not do an instant approval. I am sure your score is higher than mine since your bk was so long ago. Plus most of my recent denials from other creditors have been due to past delingquency too recent or too many inquiries. That obviously did not matter to Citibank. So, think maybe they just take a longer time for those with a bk on their record. What you think?

14. Barry

Barry Guest

What would be helpful is those that have been appoved would let us all know what their credit looked like, maybe individual accounts...not a lot of detail but some general idea for one to compare.
    Heres mine for starters:
    1996 BK, currently have auto loan with Bank of America, American Express Gold (kept in the BK didnt have a balance), 2 Providian cards (1 Gold $5000 limit, the other $2000 limit)Capital one w/ $1000 limit, Future Card $300 limit, all in perfect standing, nothing late or over limit since obtained. I think what might trip me up with Citibank is they were one included in my BK...but who knows....maybe I'll get lucky and can get rid of a couple of these sub-prime cards.

15. Barry

Barry Guest

Kirk & Len & Roni...thank you for the support!

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Barry, I have told my credit back ground in great detail several times. So have many others who were approved.

17. Barry

Barry Guest

Up the line here is someone that stated Citibank states that if you have a BK that is not at least 7 years old you will be denied. Anyone get a card from Citibank with a BK younger than 7 years? Like maybe in the past 3 or 4 years?