Instant Credit Card Matching S

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Oct 8, 2000.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried Card Search USA, the Instant Online Credit Card Matching Service. Its a link through CreditInsiders.com. Just curious, their supposed to be able to tell you what cards you qualify for before you apply so you don't have to waste inqueries.

2. GLORIA

GLORIA Guest

RE: Instant Credit Card Matchi

I HAVE USED THIS SERVICE AND IT GIVES YOU MAXIMUM OF 3 CARDS YOU QUALIFY FOR. SOME OF THE SITES ARE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SO I BASICALLY WASTED MY MONEY. THEY AUTOMATICALLY REFER YOU TO CAPITAL ONE, SO I CAN TELL YOU THAT MUCH. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS.

3. justme

justme Guest

go to www.creditland.com. They ask you what you're looking for in a card then check your credit and tell you what cards you most likely will be approved for. It's how I got my Bank of America VISA - after I applied with them, they came back with a list of cards. I chose my card and it came in a couple weeks.

4. TommyC

TommyC Guest

When you go to creditland.com and you give them permission to survey your credit reports, is this considered a "hard inquiry?" That is, an inquiry that lowers your credit score. Respectfully, TommyC

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Yes it is considered a 'Hard Inquiry'. I did this a few months back and when I got recent copies of my report, they were listed on there. :-(

6. Tom

Tom Guest

Creditland=Lendingtree=waste inquiry

7. justme

justme Guest

I disagree. It was a hard inquiry, is on my credit reports, but I got the card I wanted. There's only one inquiry, and I got a card. Therefore, no wasted inquiry.

8. Tom

Tom Guest

Did Bank of American also pull your credit report?

9. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Creditland.com

I just tried creditland.com, went through the entire process, and got two unbelievable offers: Net 1st and Umbrella Bank. I can't believe they think my credit is that bad. In my case, that was a totally wasted inquiry.

Like I've always said, the standards are a lot stricter when you apply cold. Most of my credit cards originated with preapproved offers.

10. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

RE: Creditland.com

I just tried creditland.com and was offered NET 1st.WHAT a waste for me.

11. justme

justme Guest

Geez...sorry everone else's experience was bad. I was offered about 5 different cards, some from B of A, some from First Union, and, as far as I can tell, B of A did not pull my credit - that was a concern of mine. Why would I want 2 inquiries for 1 card? If you do to the website, they say that their credit scoring system closely matches that of their "partner banks" or something like that. I don't know, I was satisfied.