Instant Platinum Approval with

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Frank Spea, Jun 14, 2000.

1. Frank Spea

Frank Spea Guest

I found this site at http://www.applicationsforcreditcards.com/ that will approve anyone for a Platinum Credit Card! I know this because my credit bites and I was approved for a $10,000.00 card online instantly.I kknow a little about credit scoring, and my beacon is below a 650.

2. matthew

matthew Guest

RE: Instant Platinum Approval

Frank Spears wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I found this site at http://www.applicationsforcreditcards.com/ that will approve anyone for a Platinum Credit Card! I know this because my credit bites and I was approved for a $10,000.00 card online instantly.I kknow a little about credit scoring, and my beacon is below a 650.

matthew says -
    Don't want to rain on your parade - but you will NOT be getting that 10k Platinum card - that on-line approval in 60 secs at that site was totally bogus - I got approval and I am canadian !!!

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: BEWARE of www.applications

This is incredulous?!!

Did you just fill it out by putting any valid/invalid US address and making up some SSN or did you actually place your Canadian address (you still would have had to make up the zip) and the SSN or did you actually place your Social Insurance Number!!

While upon first glance at it reads as another affliate/spam ad, though I'll give this "Frank Spears" character some credit for slightely deviating from the 'script'.

Of course the reality is you BETTER have excellent credit OR ELSE.

If truly 'everybody' is being accepted (which card was it, the e.card perhaps), in late October, I believe, a poster claiming to be a First USA rep stated that their was a bug in their system that day and that all applications were being granted, its possible this is a similar case.

Otherwise, it may be something far more sinister, wherein a phony site is put up for the sole purpose of gaining individuals information for identity theft purposes.

Until this matter is clarified, perhaps Frank Spears can shelve some light on this, though I'm not holding my breathe for a response from him, I'd stay away.

4. John Linku

John Linku Guest

It worked for me!

I did not get $10,000.00 but they did give me $5,000.00 and I was turned down from NextCard just prior to that. Just Click on the Capital One button and you'll see what I mean.

5. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

Steve,

My guess is that these posts are just "seeds" to get folks to go to the site and fill out apps. Perhaps they are paid by the app, instead of approved apps.

We all know that Cap One and e.Card are extremely hard to get approved for. Better have a 700+ score and all three files clean.

Peace,

BarryN

6. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Sounds more like a site to get a Bolonium card to me.

7. Steve Hutc

Steve Hutc Guest

www.applicationsforcredit.com

It just looks like any other affiliate site to me. I did not notice any rerouting or any thing else suspicious. You get the same deal there as any other credit card affiliate site.

8. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

"Perhaps they are paid by the app, instead of approved apps"

They always are thats what pisses me off when I see these ads by individuals who care less if every applicant is declined and is punished with a lower credit score.

On top of that this Frank Spears makes a highly dubious claim, insuinating and practically inviting those with bad credit, like himself, to apply. I know that while my own credit files are clean I sure don't have a 700+ score (insufficient credit lines and length of activity mostly) and don't desire another negative inquiry.

Personally, I prefer to wait for a suitable 'true' "pre-approved" offer or attempt to convice some rep either by phone or in person at the bank to grant me one, thus avoiding harmful inquiries.

9. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: www.applicationsforcredit.

This would have been my typical thought until I saw Matthew's stunning post.

I await further clarification either from Frank or Matthew or both.

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Card comes with 5% cash back at selected butchers and various Boss's offices.

11. mwjlake

mwjlake Guest

???????????????

12. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

I understand that they also offer a special card for manic-depressives: The Lithium Card. If you suddenly feel depressed and have the urge to go out and buy $14,000 worth of fresh cut flowers to cheer yourself up, just lick the card and you will be fine in about 15 minutes.

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I licked little bitty pieces of colored papers in the 70s....what a trip!

Of course the lithium card with bolonian benefits and the 33.9% rate is as good as some I've seen offered here. :)