Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I recently changed my auto insurance company, August 24 to be exact, and still haven't gotten my permanent ID cards yet. Does anyone know about how long it will take? Do you think it may take longer with the recent events and insurance companies scrounging for claims?

TIA

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T KNOW...but the POST OFFICE said on the news "ALLOW ONE WEEK EXTRA ON TOP OF YOUR NORMAL DELIVERY TIME"...

JUST WONDERING...MAIL MORTGAGE PAYMENT BY THE 20th?~~~due the 1st...

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I EVER GOT A SO CALLED "PERMANENT ID CARD"...

My insurance company mails a "STATEMENT OF COVERAGE" to put in the glove box that say you have insurance...PROVIDED YOU PAID THE BILL IN THE ENVELOPE...

4. bailey

bailey Well-Known Member

speaking of that. My employer informed us that b/c of the delays are pay checks will be delayed, even direct deposits as well, not sure why the DD are, but just thought I'd pass this along. In case anyone does bill paying on paydays.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Give them a call Erica.

Probably the recent events have affected some insurance companies in your state - or if you have an agent nearby, call him/her. Generally claims are handled by a completely different group of people. A New York company's operations may have been affected, depending on what is located where.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MINE ON TIME...(THURSDAY)...DD

WIFE'S SHOULD BE OK FOR FRIDAY...DIRECT DEPOSIT ALSO...PEOPLE THAT GET CHECKS WERE TOLD TO ALLOW AN EXTRA WEEK...MAYBE THE 21 ST...

7. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Thanks Breeze, I'm also in NY, but on the other side of the state, so I completely understand. I am now using State Farm for my auto insurance, which leads me to my next question for you....Will auto insurance premiums go up because of the massive property payouts?

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Nah, State Farm is most likely not one of the main insurers involved in this. This is a whole other league. And all the companies use what is called reinsurance - huge behind the scenes companies that insure the insurance companies. What is likely to happen is insurance for huge commercial office complexes in major cities will go up. And companies limit their exposure in one area, also. They know to spread it out among many different companies. They just said on NBC insurance losses at around 20 billion dollars!!

Life insurers will take a hit, but again, the really big policies are reinsured. The others are probably spread out among numerous companies. There will be some biggies - companies carry huge policies on their key people, and they give them big personal policies as a benefit also. Not to mention all the ordinary folks - cleaning, delivery, restaurant people..... and I wonder who insures the Airlines...wow! But no, average folks' auto and homeowners won't feel anything from this. An earthquake, a hurricane, yes. Not this.

9. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

On tv here in Mass they did say insurances will go up and they even said auto but it wouldnt be much..Sounds like everting is going to be messed for a while..Whatch these banks know the post office is running behind right, I bet they still get everyone for late fee's..

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WILL BE HAPPY TO PAY MORE FOR INSURANCE BECAUSE OF THE WORLD TRADE CENTER DISASTER...CONDITIONAL ON THE INSURANCE COMPANIES CEASE AND DESIST THE PULLING OF CREDIT REPORTS TO "SEE" YOUR DRIVING HISTORY!!!

12. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

The fine for that should be 10 times the late fee.

13. lbrown59

When I do whats rite I don't get paid for it -Why should they???====

14. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

There is no reason to pay late fees. If you have access to a computer, you should be able to look at your statement online and make an electronic payment.

Dealing from strength will help you beat the banking industry at their own game. Use them like they use you, move your balances to lower rate cards. Keep high interest balances to a minimum.

www,creditsense.com

15. lbrown59

And when you don't

16. creditwork

17. lbrown59

Yeah-and they ought to be fined and jailed for it :they're no better than the looters!!

18. lbrown59

What do you mean by this?

19. creditwork

Why would you not pay on time?

20. lbrown59

Because of both a delay in receiving and sending mail due to 911.