Insurance Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Sep 13, 2001.

1. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

My point was that mail delays are not an excuse if you have access to the internet. Our duty is to make payments on time whenever possible. I am sure that if your payment record is good and you are late because of any excusable circumstance, you will be reimbursed the late fee, at least from reputable companies. Is Providian a reputable company? I think so. I am no longer a holder of their card, but the only reason I closed my account with them was high interest and their refusal to lower it. CCB that is another story. I have not had dealings with them.

www.creditsense.com

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I myself know when my dues are due, no pun intended lol.

All payments are sent via online payment at scheduled times. there for no chance to be late or charged any late fees.

And if you don't know the due dates, give the creditors a call and they can tell you when something is due. Since it's already a fact that mail will be affected and statements will arrive late, take it upon yourself to keep your bills upto date.

leo

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I was late a couple of times because they "FORGOT" to credit my account even though the check cleared my bank 7-10 days BEFORE the due date!!!

THEY BLAMED THE COMPUTER!!!!

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I think you all are ignoring the obvious. There are many people now who have no place to work. There are many people who are not getting a paycheck or it is not on time - the mail being the most likely reason. There are many who have been stranded at an airport in another city. There are many who have a loved one missing and they are trying to get to NYC by driving. There are many who have just lost a loved one. When there are events of this nature, you just expect everyone, banks included, to notify those directly involved that they care and will work with them. Like I said, insurance companies do it. The companies I represent send me notices asking if I have customers who have been affected.

It is the decent thing to do.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

To CLARIFY, credit card NOT insurance...

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

BROVO Breeze and the wrong to do is to take advantage of the victims!

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Very true, breeze, but people not affected by that should try at least to make their payments on time. And most of the time a simple phone call will get you a one time courtesy waiver of the late fees.

8. creditwork

Exactly. My point remains, the victims and families will be excused, I feel anyone with a valid excuse will be excused, but for those of us that were not affected directly, our duty is to make the payment on time.
    Be responsible with your credit and you will be rewarded.

www.creditsense.com

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF YOU ARE AFFECTED, WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE TO CALL?
    If they can RAISE your interest rate with-out calling or writing...they can CREDIT ONE OR TWO LATE FEES WITH-OUT ANYBODY CALLING!!!

10. lbrown59

The payment due day should be done away with on all bills:

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If a due date is not stated...some people would pay all they accumulated bills in DECEMBER...

12. creditwork

LOL. Some people would never pay. Lets not loose sight of the fact, this catastrophe affects everyone in one way or another. There are lots of people whose paychecks will not be late, they will not be there at all. Think of the thousands of laborers that make their living on sales commissions, be it concession stands at stadiums or parking lots, or restaurants.
    Make an effort to pay on time, if you can't you can't.
    Remember these days, build an emergency fund for when you are not able to earn an income. Build your credit to use in an emergency and to deal from strength with your creditors.

www.creditsense.com

13. lbrown59

Not when you replace the due date with a due month.

14. lbrown59

Not so because you would replace the day with a month!

15. creditwork

I see... pay on any day of the given month, I don't see the benefit, but if it works for you, you can do that now. I make very large payments, must of my invoices allow me to make 0 payment for the current month, they seem to be moving away from this payment holiday policy, but some still have it.

www.creditsense.com

16. lbrown59

Right -What this does is eliminate the confusion between timing of payments amd payment on time.