insurance: READ THIS!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Mar 5, 2001.

1. river

river Well-Known Member

Re: Progressive

His premiums for 2000 Chevs-10 are:$1090.00 a year.Mine are $974.00 a year for 1995 Jeep.Yearly total:$2060.00.Monthly payments for 11 months are:$179.50.This is a joint policy.Think we could do better with seperate policies?

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I have Metropolitan. Got quotes from State Farm and Liberty Mutual, and Met. beats them by a mile. I also checked Geico last year, they were more too.

I was looking for a better rate than my current, but I guess I'm not gonna find it.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

joint policies work like this:
    you get a multi-car discount (10-15%).
    So no.
    But remember, the person with the better driving class (tickets/age/credit) will get a better rate than the other person if there is a negligible difference.

So always check if the older,safer driver with progressive will give you a better rate.

strange but true. I found out today that exactly.

BTW progressive said in states other than connecticut and georgia, your rates are determined by your credit (!!) moreso than driving history. In georgia its solely on driving history and not credit.

lame.

4. nutty28

nutty28 Guest

We have a joint policy. her a 95 Thunderbird I have a 97 F-150 4x4 we live in the Harrisburg Pa and have Geico. Our rate is $760.00 per year full coverage. I have 1 ticket that is 25 mph over a 65 zone. we are 33 years old..

Geico was the cheapest by far.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BTW progressive said in states other than connecticut and georgia, your rates are determined by your credit (!!) moreso
    than driving history. In georgia its solely on driving history and not credit.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SO, you have no speeding tickets, no accidents, no claims, with rotten credit, you would pay more than someone with 3 speeding tickets, 2 accidents, 2 claims, WITH PERFECT CREDIT HISTORY????

WHAT A CROCK...

6. kev

kev Guest

Re: great feedback you'll...

...Im in calie..L.A. area, there are 2 cars to every one person....mowt dont have insurance if the cars under anout $900...park it when getting to many tickets and let it get towed away....get another one....auctions all the time...the city sent me a notice today saying i owe $400 for keeping my car parked on the grass....what gives?mmmm

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: great feedback you'll...

TELL THEM FLAMINGOS WEREN'T YOUR STYLE, SO THE CAR IS THE LAWN DECORATION...

:)

What exact city, if you don't mind I'm from WHITTIER, CA

8. rachal

rachal Member

Re: auto insurance/credit

i also checked with Progressive for insurance. found out AIG had better rates so i went with them. they also pull credit but it doesnt seem to be a factor. they gave me the insurance and at the time i had bad bad credit.

9. ble103

ble103 Guest

I live in ohio,and i have insurance with AIG from MBNA america bank.I only carry liability because my car has a low value.My rate is $204.00 a year for liability only.I don't know if this insurance company use a person credit score for underwritting purpose.This rate is on a 1993 dodage shadow.

10. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I have 5 cars. Geico cost me 300 yr. where can i get it cheeper?
    =========================================================
    Re: insurance: READ THIS!
    Author: roni (---.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 03-05-01 13:58

Progressive and Geico have high rates. I laughed at their quotes. State Farm doesnot pull credit report....fyi...

roni

11. lbrown59

G E I C O COST ME $300.00 per Yr. I have 5 cars"Where can i beet it?

======================================================
    Author: sam (---.atl.mediaone.net)
    Date: 03-05-01 14:00

yah state farm for me is $3000/year progressive was only $2700 so i had to stay with them..

Reply To Message

12. lbrown59

G E I C O COST ME $300.00 per Yr. I have 5 cars"Where can i beet it?

======================================================
    Date: 03-05-01 14:00

yah state farm for me is $3000/year progressive was only $2700 so i had to stay with them..

Reply To Message

13. lbrown59

What's up with Geico Author: ShyGuy (209.249.158.---)
    Date: 03-05-01 14:51
    ========================================================
    What's high about 300 a yr for five cars with GEICO

14. lbrown59

Date: 03-05-01 15:20

Thats a crime to not have insurance!

========================================================
    SOO Who's Guilty ?

15. lbrown59

Author: roni (---.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 03-05-01 15:29

BTW, i forget to mention, NYC law, if you get pulled over in NYC and dont have auto insurance....YOU GO TO JAIL.
    ============================================================
    Then every body should be in jail-rite!?

16. lbrown59

Date: 03-05-01 15:53

you get a multi-car discount==================
    ===========================
    There is no such thing as a multi car discount:
    IT works like this you only get part of the amount over charged on the 2Nd.car back.

17. lbrown59

Author: nutty28 Geico was the cheapest by far.========
    ======= =========== ==============
    BEEN WITH G E I C O 12 years Been trying to beet their rates all these yrs: Haven't had any luck yet!

18. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Geico was several hundred dollars more than anybody else when I compared about 6 months ago. Also, there is such a thing as a multi car discount of 5-10% for insuring 2 or more vehicles.

19. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Yup. multi car discount rocks! If you are high risk or have high insurance due to a sports car, buying a beater and placing it in your policy can in fact lower your overall rate!! no joke!