Intent to Sue letter for vehicle damage.

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by mrsrcgray, Mar 10, 2009.

  1. mrsrcgray

    mrsrcgray New Member

    Hello Everyone. I just found your site. I need to write a letter of intent to sue for the damage they caused on my truck. I have looked everywhere and can't find any examples or anything. Get this, while the vehicle was stopped at a stop light a man running (yes on foot) smashed into the rear passenger door. A police officier across the street witnessed the entire event and arrested the man. The DA would not take any charges because he was only slightly drunk. The damage is approximately $1375.00. If we turn it into our insurance we are told that they may raise my monthly premium because it doesn't fall under uninsured motorist (he wasn't driving) and they consider it a collision so I have a $500.00 deductible. Go figure. Just my luck.
  2. jjgross

    jjgross Well-Known Member

    First you need to send him a bill then go from there.Check with your small claims court,there pretty causal in there working.I kind of disagree with the ins,even if your walking you have to obey the rules of the road,you can't walk through a red
  3. Hedwig

    Hedwig Well-Known Member

    But auto insurance is on the vehicle, not the driver. So if there was no vehicle, there was nothing to be insured.

    Just file against him in small claims and find out what your local rules are. Ask at your courthouse how to file a small claims case. It varies by jusrisdiction.

Share This Page