Interesting Findings RE: Inquiries

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by supershawn, Aug 13, 2001.

1. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

OK- I just got a lenders copy of my Equifax report.
    First of all, my Beacon (Finance) score shows as 717. WOW! I dont know how it jumped 69 points last week but I'll take it!

Ok, as fas as inquires....Hard/soft. The SOFT inquiries are on this report. Some are listed as 'Mail-Only-', BUT, they are there! It shows 6 inquiries from Cap 1 in the past 2 years, BUT, I only applied once and that was 3 years ago when I got my card. AT&T is on there several times and I NEVER applied with them.

Several accounts are listed as 'Consumer Disputes- Reinvestigation in Process'....wonder what that means....LOL! Of course, they have my AMEX listed as Disputing but I NEVER disputed it, it is a 6 year old account with ZERO lates.

It is VERY interesting to see my report from the lenders view, it is VERY different from the one they give me.

I am SOOOOOOO happy about that 717 though!!!!! How in the heck did I get that with a 3.5 year old BK 7? If I get a 717 with my CC's i just paid off showing as almost maxed, whats it going to be next month when they clear?

I can't wait for Privista to update today so I can see the difference between them.

Hope this helps!!!!

Shawn

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

accounts in dispute don't count against you.

3. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I am very interested in how paying off your maxxed out credit cards will affect your score. Please let us know when you find out. Also, if it is not too personal, how much did you have on the cards before you paid them off?

When you reached your limit, did the creditors start pulling your credit reports each month? I just got my TU and it looks like all my creditors are pulling my report at least monthly.

4. supershawn

I've heard that before but are we sure thats true? I had the same accounts in dispute the weeks beofre and my score was MUCH lower. Why would they count against me sometimes and not others when they were in dispute the whole time.

I just noticed that I had a positive account I have been trying to get added show up, I think that is reponsible for the score increase...and a few inquiries have dropped off.

Shawn

5. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Shawn,
    If they are showing that you are disputing AMEX when, indeed, you are not then I would expect that they are getting ready to pull the old "delete a positive tradeline" game on you. I would fax and certify RR right away that you are NOT disputing it and that you want the status changed to whatever it was before. Don't let them do it because once they do you have to go thru the time and the trouble of getting the creditor to put it back on.

6. supershawn

I have no prob sharing.....

On this report, my cards show as.....

Cap 1 High 1687 current 1687 (limit is 3400)
    Household bank High 550 curent 487
    Providian High 2700 current 965
    Amex High 4250 current 4250 (high is really 15500)

I just paid them off so cant wait for them to report.

Cap 1 limit is 3400 but shows maxed at 1687..THAT SUCKS! SOOOO UNFAIR. Same with AMex, I had 15500 one month (use it for work) and it shows MAXED at 4250. That is SOOO UNFAIR!!!!!

Shawn

7. supershawn

Thanks Mist! I appreciate that and will do right away!!!!

Has anyone had success getting them to show actual High Credit and Credit limit so it doesnt look like I am always maxed out when I am not?

They have so many ways of doing us wrong...that is so unfair! How could anyone be so slimy?

I love to watch the end of Fight Club when they blow up all the credit reporting agencies....gives me that warm special feeling inside.

NOTE TO ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES....that was just a joke, I am not planning on blowing up anything anytime soon!!!!!LOL!

Shawn

8. supershawn

Also...it says 'TOO MANY NATIONAL OR REVOLVING ACCOUNTS'.

HUH? I have 4 cards with posted limits below 10k. My mortgage does not show up, nor does my car loan.

How do they come up with this? This is just so unfair. As happy as I am about the 717, I am really getting peeved at the rest of there tomfoolery.

Shawn

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EVERYBODY HAS TO HAVE 4 REASON CODES...

You can get stupid reasons...
    Somebody got "TOO MANY RECENT INQUIRES"...last inquiry...20 months ago...

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I keep on getting "NO RECENT INSTALLMENT LOAN"...

In the fine print it says don't get one if you really don't need one and if you do get one the inquiry MAY hurt you more than the benefit of the INSTALLMENT LOAN...

LOSE-LOSE (where is the logic)???

11. supershawn

Thanks George.

My other is 'Ratio of Credit to Debt', which is BS since it only looks that way because of how they report my limits and the fact that it takes forever to show I paid off the cards.

Here's a question....whats going to happen now that the cards are paid off? high credit and limit of 0, balance of 0? Is my high credit now going to show as 0?

Grrrrrrrrrrr....think I am going to watch fight club again tonight...at least the last ten minutes. I love that Pixies song anyway!

Shawn

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If they report HIGH limit now, it should stay...BUT I would DEMAND that they report the CREDIT LIMIT...

Try both the CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES and the CREDIT CARD COMPANY...

No credit limit, means it is not COMPLETE AND ACCURATE!!!

13. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Shawn,

Thanks for sharing the info about your credit report and score. It's interesting to hear about the report a prospective lender is able to see.

CapOne not reporting limits is enough to drive you crazy! Isn't it?

You asked how CapOne would show on your reports once your pay-off payment has posted. When I've paid my CapOne cards down, what ends up showing is the highest balance, which is frustrating because it appears that the high balance is your credit limit. So, even though the limit CapOne granted you won't be showing, the zero balance will definitely help your score.

Congratulations for paying off your cards! What a good feeling that must be!

Donna

14. supershawn

I think Privista is a JOKE

OK-
    So my score went up 69 points last week.

My Privista score was 23, and this week it's......

(drum roll)

23!!!!!!!!!!

OK, so a 69 point jumo yields NO increase?

A 717 Fico is 23/100 and NEEDS IMPROVEMENT?

I think the score is crap, but the weekly updates sans inquiries are nice.

I'm assuming when my Privista score hit's the 90's my FICO should be about , say 2700?

When that happens, do the Credit Card companies PAY ME interest?

Hmffff.

Shawn

15. supershawn

Re: I think Privista is a JOKE

PLUS, an account is added to my report (a closed positive account I had added) and there is NO ID Alert?

Sorry George, I am copying you today and replying to myself. BUT, you cant sue me for copyright infringement until I start talking in CAPS!!!LOL!!!!!!

Shawn

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

No need to use all caps now. Just change the size of the type.

breeze

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You can't change size...

18. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

showoff :)

19. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member