Interesting Finds/HB Numbers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by supershawn, Aug 27, 2001.

1. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

OK- a few things. Here are two additional customer service numbers for HousHould Bank in case you need them.

800-685-9812 for the Credit Department

800-695-6590 for Customer Service for Increases

(or, thats what I was told. I know the Credit Department # is correct).

I spoke with 'Sandra' today in the credit department. She told me Household will not accept anyone with a previos BK. Period. That's odd sonce I have one 3.5 years old and they just bought my account from another company 6 months ago.

Also, she pulled my Equifax while we were on the phone. She could see three accounts that were removed between 3 and three months ago- they were showing as 'in dispute'. Funny, they do not show up on my current month's Equifax report nor do they show up on todays Privista report.

Just thought I would share.

Shawn

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

CHA CHING! Laugh all the way to the bank! That's a FCRA violation! I would prepare the paperwork against Equifax tonight if I were you.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

=======Did you ask her that could be when you have a copy of the report and it is not on there.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

It is entirely possible, as citibank does this too, that they internally record the AR or last credit report.

It's legal too.

5. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I am not sure what happened..I should have asked more but it was one of those days.....

She DID ask me for my SS#, so I am thinking she pulled a report. I will check for inquiries to see for sure.

The thing that bothers me the MOST is that accounts are showing up on the creditors version of my report but not mine...accounts that have been DELETED from my report. That is just sooo unfair. How can they 'delete' it, but it shows up as a disputed account of the creditor copy.

PLUS, my AMX, which is 7 yr PERFECT, 15k high, shows up as deleted on her's. She even asked me why I was disputing it.

AND! Household says absolutely NO! to BK, BUT, they buy a CC account of mine and raise the interest rate (3 yr perfect account) from 19% to 24%?

Ugh.

Shawn