Interesting Junum wrinkle...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cosjef, Jun 6, 2001.

1. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

If you dispute something on your own while under contract with Junum and it comes off, then you are bound to pay the $10 fee to Junum--even though YOU did the work. Go figure. This is in their contract, and the stated reason this policy exists is so that you don't interfere with the work they are doing.

Somehow this seems unfair, or is it just me?

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Unfair? You signed the contract. Did you read that they get $10 for any deletions made? Also did you read that you are not supposed to dispute during their process? It's not unfair if you read the contract before signing. It's as unfair as not reading your terms for your credit card and getting an unexpected overlimit charge. Read what you sign! It is a lesson well learned and cheaply too ($10).

-Dave

3. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was not disputing that I had to do it, because I did sign the contract. But it seems like an underhanded business practice.

4. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

I disputed something while I was under contract with Junum because I got the creditor to send me a letter stating that they would delete the delinquencies.

When I forward my credit report to Junum, I made a notation to them not to dispute that item. When it was deleted from my credit report Junum did not bill me for it.

They seem fair if you communicate with them.

5. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

I had a pending online dispute with a CRA when I joined Junum...when I got my new CR, some items were deleted...the folks at Junum just told me to notate the CR when I sent it in that it was done via online reports...did what they asked, and I didn't get charged for it either.

Hope this helps...

6. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Really? I did this, and sent Junum a Xerox of the letter from the creditor, and it still did not affect things.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I, too, had deletions that occurred from work I had done before I signed but were officially deleted after joining junum and they did not charge me for those. In another instance, my husband received a deletion from work junum did do. However, the credit bureau never sent a report to us but I found out when I got an online Experian report. They used that online report to do the next round but did not charge me for their deletion because I had not received the response to the dispute in the traditional mail form...I have found these people anything but underhanded.

Cos, if you simply give them a call and explain your concern, I'm sure you'll find it will be handled properly.

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hi NanaC- I completely agree with you. Although I have my own issues with Junum, I feel they have been completely honest and up front with me. They even gave me the free month they promised when i signed up. By the way, congrats on the loan.

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LKH! Thank you!! I'm beaming over here!!! Can't wait to go shopping!

10. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

This happened to me... My AMEX $200 collection got removed after I called them. They sent me and all CA's a letter.

Also my VA Power bill got removed my mom "landlord" vouched that I wasn't a tenent when they where billing me electric.

It bites, I just got to live with it. It makes the boneheads at Junum seam successful at removing a deliquent account and collection.

ScorchingTodayNVEgas

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Wow...I really haven't encountered a bonehead at junum..i must never have gotten that department.

:::grin:::