International debt

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chris, Jan 23, 2001.

  1. Chris

    Chris Well-Known Member

    If I have a debt with VISA in the UK and have moved to the US and I apply for a VISA card here, can the UK company transfer the debt here?
  2. Saar

    Saar Banned

    Depends on what you mean by "transfer the debt". Your debt is probably not owned by Visa Int'l, but by a UK-based Visa issuer.

    If you mean whether a different U.S. Visa issuer will transfer your UK debt so that it appears on your U.S. balance, that is not going to happen.

    Whether they're going to sue you here is a different question. Practically, they don't do this unless we're talking about lots of money.


Share This Page