Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Oct 23, 2000.

  1. Terry

    Terry Well-Known Member

    anyone know where i can apply for a credit card in the usa. i live in australia. unsecured or secured is ok. thanks
  2. Michael

    Michael Guest

    First you will need a ITIN (Individual Tax Payer Number), applications are on the IRS site will take 8-10 weeks to get, and copies of documents must be notarized at a U.S. Notary (Consulate or Embassy in OZ.)

    You will also need an address in the states with proof through a bank statement, or utility bill. (Mail Boxes Ect, or a relative will work fine)

    Then you can apply for a secured card through AMEX, or a Visa/M.C. through United National Bank.

    Option 2. AEA Bank (link on this sites home page) will give it to you secured and with heavy fees, I sujest option 1!

Share This Page