Investigations for Others Online

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jfpruitt, Jun 27, 2001.

1. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

I recently signed up for equifax where you can investigate right on line...very nice...but what about the other 2?? Anywhere else to do this online??? Also, I got my FICO on 6/12 and it was 642 and then today I signed up for Credit Expert and its 624 does this make sense to anyone?????

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

None of it makes sense ;)

breeze

3. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Creditexpert.com is Experian. Equifax (myfico.com) is an entirely different bureau. You are likely seeing different scores b/c a) the info on each report is slightly different and b) Fair Isaac customizes FICO for each company it sells the software too therefore altering results with the same data. You are going to see variation continually day to day, bureau to bureau.

4. jfpruitt

Well, I tried Eloans and got a 681 they use CreditXpert. Not sure how accurate that is either

5. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I am not sure about eloans either. My creditexpert and eloan scores were within a few points each other (both experian). I feel your pain. We have the same problem. When you have mid 600s for score a variation of 20 or 40 points is the difference between prime and subprime cards. Although all these postings regarding inquiries has really got me thinking. I definitely recommend disputing online through creditexpert, they seem to be good bets for deletions.

6. jfpruitt

Wow, didnt realize that the Credit Expert and Eloans were through Experian. Then there shouldnt be a 56 point difference between the two. Does anyone know how often Credit Expert updates your score???