IRS Lien GONE off TU...Why??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bizwiz41, Aug 20, 2003.

1. bizwiz41

bizwiz41 Well-Known Member

I noticed on my TU reports, that between 8/7/03 and 8/15/03 an IRS lien under "Public Records" just "vanished! I have NOT disputed this TL w/any CRA yet. There were two Public Record entries on TU, one for original filed lien, one for "Release of Lien". This was on report supplied after name and address corrections request. Anyone have any clue as to why?

Quick history:
    4/95: Lien filed by IRS

??/??-8/2003: NO ENTRY on Equifax, Original filed lien on Exp, Original lien and "Released Lien" listed on TU.

I have requested "withdrawal" w/IRS, but it is too early in process to hit reports, I received "acknowledgement letter of receipt of request" AFTER 8/15/03.

I HAVE been doing activity of incorrect names, initials, old address deletions, etc.

So, not sure what happened here...Does this removal help FICO score?

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

When was the lien released?

3. bizwiz41

jlynn,

Lien released (officially) 5/2001.

Thanks!!

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Hmm, tax liens can remain for 7 years from date paid. I thought maybe you had paid it shortly after receiving it. Then I could tell you it was obsolete :)

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Just keep an eye out.

5. bizwiz41

Thanks Again jlynn,

Now I'll watch Exp, hopefully the "gift horse" will gallup!

I still have the IRS request to hang some hope on also!!

6. thickman66

thickman66 Well-Known Member

Bizwiz,

Can you explain to me the process to get a "withdrawal of lien" I have a paid " Georgia tax lien" that just popped up on equifax today; experian keeps verifying it. The old address is gone associated with it. I just need a new strategy.

7. bizwiz41

Hi Thickmann66,

I'm not sure about state tax liens, the withdrawal request I am using is for Federal (IRS) liens.

I would inquire from the State Treasury if there is a similar "withdrawal request" procedure. At the very least I would write the State and request a "withdrawal". Familiarize yourself a little with the state tax laws, I'm sure there's something they did that was not 100%, then request "withdrawal" due to an "incorrect procedure" on their part.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Good Luck...