Is 711 a high enough score...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Mar 30, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

...for an MBNA Platinum? I don't want just a standard card.
    My income is high enough for platinum.

2. incognito

incognito Guest

Re: Is 711 a high enough score

Dave,

I have an MBNA platinum, and when I got it.. I did not even have a 700.

Of course, it may depend on the factors affecting the score, so don't act based on my advise alone.

Good luck

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Scores are not important. As long as you have a score in the high 600's and no negatives. They look for no delinquencies more than high scores. OF course a score of 700+ is high enough but it is not the only factor. I know you have no delinquencies so what are you waiting for. You history is about 1 year now. right?

roni

4. curious

curious Well-Known Member

I am in the process (hopefully) of obtaining the Barnes and Noble Platinium Mastercard issued through MBNA. They seem to really try to work with you. I have one loan from 1995 that was paid in full with no lates and the rest of my credit is brand new (within this year). A credit analyst called me, asked me a couple questions and said that because my credit file was new, they would verify employment and I would be approved. It has a 2.9% interest rate on transfers too.

You should have no problem.

Hope that helps.

5. Jugnoo

Jugnoo Well-Known Member

I've an MBNA platinum and my FICO is 664.

6. dave

dave Well-Known Member

My oldest account is: 16 months. No inquiries in past 6-7 months, I think two accounts with a balance under 20% of credit line, no negatives.

I have to wait until my report reflects my paid down/off Juniper and Citi balances. 711 is with like 90% usage on my citi!!!

My reason codes were:
    -length of credit history
    -inquiries in past 12 mo. (NOTICE not past 6)
    -Balances too high on revolving (I fixed that!)
    -Proportion of balance to limit too high (that was my Citi; but paid that)

So, I'm assuming that while the first two factors won't change that much over two months, the last two should probably boost my score another 20 or so points. I'll check before I apply. MBNA uses TU anyway in my area, but all of my reports are basically identical, so 1 score really goes for all reports...

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

apply and stop wasting time.

roni