Is a letter from CA enough

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by desperado2, Aug 4, 2003.

1. desperado2

desperado2 Active Member

to have an item listed as Paid as Agreed. The CA/Law Firm said they can issue a letter but AMEX would not. Can I use there letter to have the accounted paid as agreed by sending it to the CRA?

Thanks in Advance,
    Desperado

2. tiger00

tiger00 Well-Known Member

Most CRA's won't take a letter from you, but they will from the CA. Have the CA fax this to the CRA's for you as proof that the account is paid. But, the question here is, if the account is paid why haven't you taken the "nutcase" route and force them to validate? After sending the first letter, dispute with the CRA and you might catch them not reporting a debt correctly i.e. reporting it as unpaid, even though you have paid them already. I had a CA do this, and I was able to get them to delete the TL after they reported it incorrectly for 3 months in a row.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

What for? There is no difference between a paid and an un paid CA.
    Any notation from a CA kills your report and hoses your scores.
    Is a letter from a CA enough
    to have an item listed as Paid as Agreed ?
    =============
    Also how would you list something paid to a CA as paid as agreed .
    If the account had been paid as agreed It would never have been with a CA.
    The mere fact that that a CA is reporting it proves that the debt was not paid as agreed no matter what statement might be added.
    ************ The only thing that will do you any good is paying in exchaqnge for deletion in writing.**********

4. tiger00

lb, for once I think I beat you to the "why not validate" punch ;-) LOL!!!!!

5. lbrown59

6. desperado2

desperado2 Active Member

I guess I wasn't clear in my original post..

The TL is with AMEX, there is no TL with the CA. The CA is really alawfirm representing Amex who agreed to settle but said they (AMEX) would not remove it but the law office could provide a letter with the AMEX account # stating this account should report as paid as agreed.

This is regarding a pending settlement of 60% of a $12000 debt. This is the last hiccup. Is this letter going to be enough?

7. tiger00

Re: Re: Is a letter from CA enough

Settlement with deletion clause!!! But, why not force validation from AMEX?

8. lbrown59

I think desperado2 Has another thread or 2 about this matter.
    I wish folks would keep the issue to just one thread because opening up more threads makes it quite hard to follow the situation resulting in confusion leading to poorer suggestions for solutions to the problem.

9. tiger00

DOH, I should have known that you would pulled the validation trigger on this one pretty darn quick!!!!

10. desperado2

desperado2 Active Member

LLBrown
    My question in is post originally was a general question regarding what information is necessary to have an item updated or removed from a credit report.

My other thread was discussing a summons, responding, and legal advice.

IMHO, this thread has enough distinction to to be a seperate thread because it was dealing strictly with the reporting.

I probably could have left it in the original thread. I will be more conscious of that in the future.

Regards,
    Desperado
    "Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"......Albert Einstein