Is anyone aware of National Cr

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Phillip, May 2, 2000.

1. Phillip

Phillip Guest

Has anyone been involved with National Credit Repair out of Lavonia, Michigan. They offer a 110% guarantee to delete negative entries on credit reports for $500.

2. Carreonand

Carreonand Guest

RE: Is anyone aware of Nationa

Just so you know, NCR is a MLM operation. I personally phoned them and asked about their gaurantee and was told the 110% G was based on any improvement, even one deletion. They specifically said, if we get only one deleted then we fullfilled our G to better your credit. If you use them, let us know how good-bad they were. I have not been able to find anyone who used them.

Phillip wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Has anyone been involved with National Credit Repair out of Lavonia, Michigan. They offer a 110% guarantee to delete negative entries on credit reports for $500.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member

I used Carreon and Associates to do a serious credit check up prior to some loan applications. They didn't guarantee anything, except honest input as to any issues on the credit reports they were evaluating. They delivered, 110%...it's the best 125 bucks I spent in this whole process. All the corrections, disputes, etc. I handled myself. If you can write a letter, and organize words in coherent sentences, you don't need to pay anyone 500 bucks...

Phillip, I'd run the other way from a shiester operation like you're describing...

4. Phillip

Phillip Guest

Thanks for your input Don. I was a bit skeptical of group myself. I've heard about Carreon and Associates also.What did they do for you? I am concerned about adding inquiries, due to a equity loan I plan to get in 3 or 4 months. Have a paid collection and several late pays and want to improve my credit score.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member

What they did is very simple, and yes, it puts an inquiry on your report. ALL of the credit fixers will ultimately do that.

I won't speak for Carreon, as a visit to their website will tell you all you need to know. First off, realize they are NOT a credit repair mill...

But, here is why I would recommend them:

1. They delivered exactly what they said they would...in 48 hours...

2. What they delivered is an evaluation and advice...and for the first time, a full report from all 3 agencies. Each entry is evaluated, good or bad, with advice on what, if anything, to do...

3. When I had a few questions, they answered e-mails promptly...at one point, they agreed, "just pay it, no negotiating on this one..."...they are very honest, as opposed to other "repair mills"...

4. When I ordered mine (my wife was the "guinea pig", she went first) there was a typo when they ran my Equifax, so it showed no report available. One e-mail, and we figured out the problem. They called to apologize, and had the revised report in my hands in 48 hours..

5. They give you your FICO score, so you know where you stand...

6. They make no push to repair credit for you, rather they give you the tools to help yourself..

7. Examples of how it helped...my wife's credit was a mess due to ex-husband...we cleaned up over 5K of bogus BS...paid off about 1200 dollars of legit collections, and got her current with everything....it will amaze you how little the CRAs do to keep your report current...

8. On mine, the one thing they spotted was a late payment my mortgage company reported. Would never have thought something like that would be there, Mortgage company immediately investigated the error, realized it was erroneous, and fixed it.

9. 60 days after ordering reports, we were approved for a major (250K) construction loan, no problem..

10. Bottom line is, they walk the talk...