Is anyone getting phone call offers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greyfox, Aug 10, 2001.

1. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

for credit cards? Household offered to send me a gold MC that I could decide NOT to keep after I got it.

The terms were OK...2.9% for 6 months, 13% go-to, no fee, no two-cycle billing, 5K CL. I would have been tempted to take a platinum with 9.9% APR

I didn't accept because I have 6 credit cards and 2 store cards and EVERYONE is pulling Experian here in AZ...5 inquiries in the last 6 months.

Has anyone else had these phone offers?

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Do not believe telephone card offers. The calls are made by telemarketing companies, and they do not tell you the truth. They say you are already approved - not. No different than snail mail preapprovals.

The reps have a quota to meet. They will tell you anything. All they have to tape is the disclosure.

breeze

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TELEMARKETING CREDIT CARDS ARE PAID FOR COMPLETED APPLICATIONS...

They promise everything.

Ask them to send you information in the mail...(if they have your phone number, they have your address).

4. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Well, I really don't want the card, but I got my Discover platinum with 10K CL from a phone offer, after ignoring several mail offers. I just wondered if people were getting these offers very often, as I have only got the two calls.

5. PuuOoPaul

PuuOoPaul Well-Known Member

If Queen Latifah calls, RUN LIKE HELL!!!

LOL,
    PuuOoPaul

6. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I've only received two calls-Direct Merchants (Jan 99)and a second MBNA card (May 01). I received both.