Is everyone elses citibank rat

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Feb 3, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Just curious what your guys are getting?

mines showing prime plus 7.99% (16.49) now. Wondering if i should haggle for lower?

Anyone else get the citi cards in the last year and get something better?

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

prime + 4.9

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Is everyone elses citibank

citibank uses risk based pricing on many of its cards. the APR is determined by credit score but after that, account history with them should be a more significant factor. The rates range for the low 20s to about 11 and they will haggle.

All of our rates should go down 1 point very soon since the fed. cut rates.

if your account is new sam, maybe you should wait a while before haggling, then you'll have good payment history to point to when you ask for a reduction.

my account is 6 months old. it is still on a 2.9 intro. rate for balance transfers. once i pay off my 5K balance transfer which should happen before the intro. period ends and the balance is -0-, i'll ask for the reduction. i think this puts me in the strongest bargaining position. right now the card is at 15.4 (talking plat. select here). for the time being, i consider myself a freshman card holder who doesn't need to make waves. i'm still experiencing the euphoria of escaping the clutches of capital one.

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Prime + 6.9 (16.4 before rate

Plat Select, opened Oct 2000

5. bobbi

bobbi Guest

RE: Prime + 6.9 (16.4 before r

plat.select 11.9 opened 7/2000@18.4
    click platinum 9.9 opened 10/2000@15.9