Is Experian on drugs?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shirley, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

I updated my address a few months ago with Experian and have pulled my report several times since then and it's been updated. Just last week they sent me an updated hard copy of my report with the updated info.

I mailed a dispute letter after I received the updated report regarding two inquiries. Today, AT MY UPDATED ADDRESS, I get a letter from them saying they can't investigate my inquiry because the address I supplied "hasn't been reported to us."

What?

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Sounds like it.

I would write them a no nonsense letter, tell them they are in violation of FCRA and you will sue them if they don't accept your dispute.

breeze

3. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Yeah, they can't get your address correct, but they can report incorrect info on your reports.

Tell them you can't accept their report because it has incorrect info supplied on it that hasn't been supplied to you! LOL

4. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with Equifax. I have a similar problem and I was told that even if we update our address ourselves, a CA can send information with an old address. If that is the case, then it bumps the correction that you previously made. Rediculous huh?

5. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Maybe just smoking crack......