Is it for real?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jane, Sep 29, 2000.

1. Jane

Jane Guest

I recently recieved a approved credit Gold card from Capital Credit in Calf. For a one time fee of $44. I was gaurenteed a credit line of 15,000 unsecured, 0% interest for the first year. It never stated if it was visa, mastercard or anything other than a gold card. Has anyone ever heard of them and arethey ligit?

2. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Nope, it's not...

It's not a real credit card and it has no affiliation with a bank, you can only use it to purchase from their over priced catalogs. In other words, dont bother.

Regards,
    Alex
    Creditinsiders.com

-------------------
    Need Credit Help? Check Us Out!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

This is probably a card that you can only use to purchase items from their catalog. If it were a major credit card it should say so. I would be cautious of offers that leave you perplexed. Good luck!

4. Robert Roe

Robert Roe Guest

Stay away from this company. They piqued my interest and checked them out, at my own expense.

They say that you will get a GOLD Card in the mail with a credit line of $15,000. It requires a $37 processing fee. $44 for expedited processing.

1) This is a profit-sided Merchant credit card. You MUST charge half of the price of the item [wholsesale cost] and then pay the remainder.

2) This company does not say that it will report to credit reports like Equifax.

3) The phone number is acessible only to those who have bought a card. [asks for a number off the card]

4) Processing fee is returned if you send back the catalog, all papers and the cheap paper card.

The website is designed by a group called "Tremere, INC" as recorded in the WHOIS statement read from http://www.whois.net

Search for the definition of tremere and you'll get something along the lines of "spell-casting vampires"

Need I say more?

Anyways I need help getting my $$ back from them... All I have is that my check was cashed at First Bank and Trust in Irvine California, and the company is located in Santa Fe Springs... They said I can get my money back by immediately returning the catalog which I did so.