Is It Legal

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbrown59, May 10, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

=============Does this sign give them the right to classify every thing as one and the same so they can charge fees on anything thing and everything coming and going weither it's yours or not??

2. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Well I was writing the above when lb posted the problems were coming from a cc company...nevermind.

I'm playing with two different online banks with bill-pay and it's nice so far. One has a nice feature for checks. When your check clears, a copy of the front and back of the check is available online for your review. I had one loan company say that my payment never arrived and wanted a $30 late fee! Ha! Not so fast Spanky I tell them...I pull up the online account and see that not only did they process my payment 4 days before the due date, but it cleared my bank account on the due date AND the account number machine printed on the face of the check had 2 digits transposed compared to the account number I wrote on the check. He said they would have to "investigate" my claim. I told him "Investigate? No, I don't think so. You, my friend, are going to fix this right now with me on the phone before I really get mad. What's your fax number?" I'm usually not that, ummm, brusk but his attitude pissed me off. So I faxed him the printout and he aplogized profusely and fixed my account.

3. lbrown59

==================

==============This is all about bilking the people and has nothing to do with cracking down on bad check artist"

4. lbrown59

To Charge your account for a credit balance refund
    and never pay you the check?