is it possible to get a mortga

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kevin, Nov 5, 2000.

1. kevin

kevin Guest

hi i filed a bk 2 and 1/2 years ago.
    but these day i want to buy a home.
    can i get a mortgage loan ?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: is it possible to get a mo

I believe you can go through FHA, if your BK is older than 2-3 years. You must have good payment for the last 2 years, no collections judgements etc.

3. floatvalve

floatvalve Guest

Try Mortgage.com! I got a 10% down mortgage while still in a Chapter 13. I paid a little higher interest (9.9%) but still good.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

This I found at another site and it was said that it was found at the FHA site??

3 open tradelines
    No BK last 2 yrs
    No back Child Support
    No judgments/liens

Collections/charge-offs over 3 years ARE NOT required to be paid as a condition of the loan. Not sure about this part???

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Mortgage.com is no longer accepting applications. It violated some laws and such I think!

Kelly

6. floatvalve

floatvalve Guest

Your right Kelly! I just checked their website. Sorry! I got the Mortgage 2 years ago when they were just starting! I guess they gave too many "margin" loans out.
    They were very professional though and everything went smoothly at settlement.

7. pat

pat Guest

yes- w 25% down

I have a friend who had a BK in '95, and got a mortgage in '98 but he had to put down 25%.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

not always

My very dear friend and her husband filed for BK in 97. They got an FHA loan at 8.5% with only 3 % down in 2000. So it can be done.

9. SIERRA

SIERRA Guest

I'm a mortgage broker

If your bk has been dismisedd over 2 years ago and you have re-established credit since then you can qualify for fha 100% financing.
    What state do you live in? How long have you been in your current job and line of work? If you need more help, let me know.

10. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Judgments

Judgments are allowed, but they have to be paid. I have 4 of them, paid of course, and was approved for a FHA loan.

11. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

RE: I'm a mortgage broker

I am looking to qualify for an FHA loan in NC. My monthly debt looks like this:
    Car. 383
    Personal Loan 181
    Credit Cards 200
    Student Loan (in deferrment)

I saw on the board where they won't include your student loan in your payments if they are currently in forbearance or deferrment. Is this true? I plan on paying off my credit cards before I apply. I am a first time buyer with good credit history for the past 5 years, except for one charge off that going to stay on for a while.

12. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Forgot to include salary

Ooops,,,I forgot to mention that my monthly salary is 5k.