Is It Time for Target?..How Ab

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Oct 27, 2000.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

I would like to have a Target or WalMart card. Up until 04/00 I had no positive history. Since then I have obtained several sub-primes (the earliest in 04/00), car loan, and gas card. Will Target now approve? Some of the negatives previous to 04/00 remain on my CR but all acounts since then are perfect.

Is the WalMart card as easy to obtain as Target?

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

RE: Is It Time for Target?..Ho

I've heard that Target gives credit to just about anybody. I would try them first. Aslo, there store is a lot nicer than Wal-Mart.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOTICE>>>WAL*MART CREDIT CARD CREDIT LINES ARE VERY LOW...I'M A FRONT END MANAGER AT WAL*MART, AND GOT A CREDIT LINE OF $1,800...EVERYBODY ELSE I CHECKED WITH GOT $400-$800.

BUT, I GUESS SINCE THE CARD IS ONLY GOOD AT WAL*MART, THE AVERAGE CUSTOMER DOESN'T CHARGE THAT MUCH IN ONE MONTH.

I WAS TOLD NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 0.00% PROMO MONTHS AT WAL*MART (MAYBE DUE JANUARY OR FEBRUARY 2001 IN FULL W/O INTEREST BEING CHARGED!

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

good to know I m not just anyone. I was turned down. But tiz life.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RONI:
    FOR POINT OF INFORMATION:WAL*MART IS NOT THE "OFFICIAL" CREDITOR.

I THINK THEY COULD HAVE GIVEN YOU A CREDIT LINE OF $200 TO HELP YOU OUT ON YOUR ROAD TO RECOVERY IF YOU WANTED IT!

THAT WOULDN'T HAVE EFFECTED YOU DEBT TO INCOME RATIO AT ALL!

6. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, GE Capitol is the creditor for the Wal-Mart card, which basically means that it's issued by Monogram Credit Card Bank of Georgia--the same company that issues Exxon, Ward's, Lowe's, and Home Depot cards.

7. Killer

Killer Guest

Doris,

Since Target is easier to qualify for I'm going with them. But you know around here there is a Wal-Mart on every corner. I will have to travel all way into Houston to shop at Target and I hate I-10 and 290! (Is there a Target in Katy?)

8. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

There are a few not too far from here. One's at Hwy. 6 and Spencer Road. If you don't mind taking forever to get there, just take FM 529, which turns into Spencer Road. Just like any of the streets and highways around here, it's congested and is a pain in the butt when it comes to trying to get anywhere.

There's another just off I-10 East at Fry Rd., just a hop, skip, and a jump from Katy. I don't care much for this one.

I can't see where I-10 or 290 in Houston are any worse than any other roads around here. All the speeding tickets I've ever gotten have been in your area. I swear! I think there are more damned highway patrolmen in Waller County than there are real people!

9. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Roni,

I was turned down for a Target card, also. It's probably just as well, as I love that store and have often had near "shopping accidents" in there. Plus, as I recall, their APR wasn't too great...

Cheers,
    Cindy