Is Junum Feeling Alright?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, May 21, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Re: Frustrating Conversation

Have been looking at too many ink blots latesly?

What has sex got to do with credit repair?

Strange indeed!!

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Erica,

I've been working with Junum since Jan. They've done pretty good for me. I got a Discover Plat so you tell me how good they've done?!

I'm sorry that you're having a tough time right now, but stick it out. Like Ender said (although I didn't particularly care for the post in its entirety), you made the commitment (not to Junum) but to yourself, so stick it out a bit. I'd give them 6 months. I'm entering into round 3 and round 2 wasn't very successful. If they don't do anything for round 3, I'll go on to do it myself. After lurking around here for the last 6 months I feel I've gathered enough ammunition to fight the CRAs without being crushed by them. :)

As far as your decision to use Junum (or any other person's decision to not do it themselves) it's up to you. And personally, I don't think you or anyone else owes any explanation to anyone who comes to this board (unless they specifically ask, "Why are you using Junum instead of doing it yourself").

I listen to all these people being critical of Junum, Lex, etc. and its a matter of person choice. Rather than BASH people who use them, offer alternatives. I know people have been doing that but the problem is NOT in what you are saying but HOW you are saying it. It's not constructive it's destructive and that will put people on the defense EVERY TIME.

By the way, I'm not a Junum employee, just a regular person who took a chance with them. And no, I don't beel the need to prove it (or disprove it) to anyone on this board. I don't give a s**t if anyone thinks I'm a shill or not. I know what I am, but what are you?

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Shantel, That is EXACTLY my my feelings, my plan with Junum, and in fact what I told Erica in chat session the other night. That is about the best advice anyone has given her in this thread...thanks for wording it so well too.

-Dave

(Not affiliated with any credit repair organizations, credit collection services, credit issuing agencies, credit advising agencies, Junum, Lexington, Bradley Ross, Allen Bradley, Allen Brady, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Dudley Moore, Dudley Doright, Do Right By Your Lady, nor a shill for any other credit related company that is spelled like, rhymes with, or has similar consonants or vowels with any of the above)

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Shantel,

Thank you. You said very eloquently what I have been trying to say throughout this entire thread. I will stick it out with Junum for 3 rounds. I did make a commitment to myself to get this done. How I chose to do it is up to me. You are exactly right.

As far as offering alternatives, yes there have been some other ways said. However, when you give someone some advice on other ways to do something and never tell them how to do it, you set that person up for failure.

I agree with you totally. Thank you for your kind words.

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day! Thanks for brightening my day!

:)

6. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness how funny is THAT!!! I almost bust a gut! Hilarious Nave!

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

<<(Not affiliated with any credit repair organizations, credit collection services, credit issuing agencies, credit advising agencies, Junum, Lexington, Bradley Ross, Allen Bradley, Allen Brady, Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Dudley Moore, Dudley Doright, Do Right By Your Lady, nor a shill for any other credit related company that is spelled like, rhymes with, or has similar consonants or vowels with any of the above) >>

OH, this was so funny!!!!

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

hehehe...well I am not! Even if I can't prove it.

-Dave

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

As far as offering alternatives, yes there have been some other ways said. However, when you give someone some advice on other ways to do something and never tell them how to do it, you set that person up for failure.
    Precisely the same statement I have made many times in the past when we were embroiled in conversations about validation letters.

10. bbauer

bbauer Banned

The poster missed 60 minutes and 60 minutes II :)0)

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

A lesson for all

deer + sex = beastiality.

Yes, and that's a criminal offense punishable by a minimum of 25 years in prison.

We have had a rash of incidents here in Oklahoma where beastiality with deer has become a real problem. Crime scene evidence has been gathered by our police chemist, J.C., often referred to as "Black Magic" because of her unusual ability to perform chemical analysis on crime scene evidence and determine beyond a shadow of a doubt that a defendant is guilty. She has recently been the subject of one or more national TV shows. Your virtual admission of involvement in such unusual activities has caused our prosecuting attorney to lodge complaint against you and demand your extradition to Oklahoma for investigation in these matters. He is quite certain that given your admissions here in this forum and the exceptional ability of our police chemist wiil almost guarantee your conviction and ultimate sentencing to a term of not less than 25 years in our prison system. You will be called to justice and made to pay for your crimes against society. What have you to say for yourself?? How will you answer the charges considering your virtual admission to such activities?
    Now then, I'll have to admit that all of the above is patently silly and can best be referred to as "fuzzy logic."

I set up the "deerie" thing for the sole purpose of using the probable results in this way.

So let us assume that "deerie" is your validation letter.
    "Deerie" would have been sent to the CA or creditor upon receipt of a demand for payment.

The excuse for the accusations must be obtained either naturally by reason of the CA/Creditor having sent a second demand for payment of his own violition absent the demanded validation in "deerie" or he must be tricked into sending a letter to you absent the demanded validation and it must happen either prior to the 30 days or very shortly thereafter. So at about 25 days (depending on how weekends or holidays fall), I'll send him the estoppel letter timed to arrive at his offices as closely to the 30 days as possible and by certified mail.

The estoppel letter will elicit one of two or three responses. One possibility is that he will immediately and without stopping to think, he will reply with some kind of answer. That is what I want to happen and is the only real reason I would use the otherwise weak and ineffective estoppel letter. The reason I want his response (whatever it might be) is because it will have caused him to break the requirements of the FDCPA. He sent you a letter absent the demanded validation. That begins to establish a pattern of disobedience to the law.

If he does not reply, maybe because he realizes that the estoppel letter is stupid, I will then file complaints on him with the BBB, the FTC, whoever else including my Senator. Make him answer those and hope he will respond to me also, thereby again communicating with me absent the demanded validation.

Once I have maybe 3 or 4 of his letters as well as maybe a demand for payment or two, maybe a letter or two from his attorney (therby involving his attorney in the illegal activities as well so I can name him as a co-defendant when and if I do sue and causing them both to have to go out and hire other counsel) I can then send the CA/creditor the following:

Dear Sleaze Bag.

I am in possession of more than sufficient proof of your having violated my civil rights as well as having violated both state and federal law on numerous occasions in the recent past.

I would prefer to settle this matter in a more amicable manner than referring your criminal actions to the proper authorities as well as my attorney for immediate legal action,

I would continence your proposal to avoid litigation. How would you propose to atone for your many easily proveable criminal acts in lieu of having to face possible criminal action and certain action against you in civil court?

Please be advised that your almost inexcuseable actions have also violated my civil rights and after multiple convictions in small claims court each of which could easily result in judgement of up to $1000.00 plus court costs and reasonable attorney's fees I would also have sufficient grounds for the filing of civil rights lawsuits in U.S. District Court.

Let me hear your proposal for atonement within 5 business days otherwise I will immediately instruct my attorney to begin proceedings against you with no further ado.
    I have also occasionally trapped them into admitting that they were using multiple business names, employees using false names in debt collection attempts and other offenses. In the case of the employee using false names, that is a separate criminal offense and so I end up threatening to send their employee(s) to prison for a nice long stretch, but filing for the use of multiple business names as well. That really gets them to sweating blood. Both are serious violations of FDCPA.
    For those who think that they don't want to waste a lot of time, the whole process has never been greater than about 90 days at max from day 1 when I sent "deerie" out to the time they were begging for mercy and quite willing to pay the bill instead. The "fuzzy logic" and subsequent threats I used against Nana and to "convict" her of beastiality" are basically the same as those used against credit bureaus, creditors and collection agencies. They are indeed "dirty tricks", but they are extremely effective.

Each instance of use of these 'dirty pool" tactics must be tailored to fit the specific situation at hand because all kinds of different scenarios are constantly evolving.

I do hope that what I have tried to teach here will be of some help to readers of this forum.

12. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: A lesson for all

Bill, What color is the sky in your world?

-Dave

(Not affiliated with anyone named Bill, Billie, Billy, Will, William, Willie, lil willie, willie wonka, willy vanillie, wiliey coyote, willy or wont he, and especially not affilliated with will the shill...furthermore I refuse to spell the word dear incorrectly less than 200 times in one post unless I post about 200 bucks)

13. bbauer

bbauer Banned

May I suggest that you go see a few of the many movies made either in part or entirely in Oklahoma.

Oklahoma and Tornado are just a couple of them that come to mind quickly.

Tornado was shot almost entirely in Oklahoma.

Many famous movies stars are(were) Oklahomans.

I'm not a native Oklahoman, so you wouldn't want to trust my answer anyway.

Go enjoy the movies a while.

14. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

AGAIN, Hilarious! Brightening yet another day.