Is NCO or NCO GREAT TRUST on y

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mba, Apr 14, 2000.

1. mba

mba Well-Known Member

Let me know if you got a copy of your credit report and found an entry for NCO or for NCO GREAT TRUST.

2. Michelle

Michelle Guest

RE: Is NCO or NCO GREAT TRUST

YUP, several listings.

3. Ronald Jon

Ronald Jon Guest

Yes, I have two. These people are the worst.

4. mba

mba Well-Known Member

Did you recognize who the original lender was? Did NCO send you a letter telling you that they were handling the account? Some people only find out about NCo when they apply for credit and find out that NCO is listed as a creditor.

Sometimes NCO makes it appear that the account, which is an old, stale one, is a new account in NCO's own name and they make it appear that the account only recently became a collection account. If any of these things happened to you, please e-mail me:
    mba9999@aol.com. Thanks.

5. mba

mba Well-Known Member

Ron, how did you find out that NCO was on your credit report? Did they write to you? They sometimes report old stale accounts as a new account in their own name and make it appear that the account just became a collection account. If any of these things happened to you, I would like to hear further from you.

By the way, what state do you live in and which credit bureau did they report to about you?

mba9999@aol.com
    Mark
    in Pittsburgh, PA

6. Michelle

Michelle Guest

Yes, I recognized who the original creditor was, although I don't know for sure if the amount is correct or not. NCO has never contacted me. I didn't even know who they were. I haven't messed witht it much because it is due to fall off in a year. Statue of limitations is up already. I might try and ask the bureaus to verify it. Does NCO usually verify the debt?

7. mba

mba Well-Known Member

What state do you live in? I sued them for this. If you want to discuss this, e-mail me at mba9999@aol.com.

8. mba

mba Well-Known Member

To Michelle from MBA

To Michelle from MBA

April 22, 2000

What makes you think that the NCO entries will come off of your credit reports in about a year?

Please contact me by e-mail or by telephone:
    mba9999@aol.com
    1-888-243-2224

And see the new link I started today "NCO ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT? CONTACT mba9999@aol.com"
    Its near the top of the new topics on this message board.

I sued NCO over this and I was awarded money damages earlier this month.