Is this a nice way of saying y

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Jan 5, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I applied for a card on 12/28 and just called the 800 # to check the status. The recording said that my application is under review and I would be notified of the decision 7-10 days after the decide. Is this good or bad?? Would the recording say that you're declined??

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Is this a nice way of sayi

they never say you are declined. It depends on the bank some are very slow. If it is Chase, dont worry, they are the slowest and everyone gets that message.
    The are not Instant like they say.

roni

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

No, its not Chase. They declined me for having collections and/or charge offs on my report. They pulled Trans Union which now only has two negatives which are paid collections. At the time I applied I did have 4 negatives which two were charge offs. I am going to clean up the rest and then reapply in June or July. I want to wait 6 months for anymore inquires. I didn't know which report they were going to pull. I applied for the classic card. Is that the one you applied for first? or was it something else?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I got the classic card. You must have been declined b/c of the unpaid collections. Try a little later.

roni