Is this accurate or reliable?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Sep 19, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I pulled my credit report at Truecredit.com and got a Transunion report for the first time instead of Experian. I posted that a few days ago.

Anyways, my score was 627....yeepee. I had the DMV tax lien removed which was lowering my score to 540 - 560 since January when it was first placed.

My question is to those who have used the truecredit score for TRANSUNION. Have you found it be accurate or close to your ACTUAL score.'

thanks

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

True credit gave me a 654 based on TU report.

TU told me my score was 703.

I'm not sure if both scores are using the same range.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Over 90 viewed and only one response.
    Thanks ...the other.

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

roni, don't take the lack of response personally. True Credit has only been offering TU for a short time. Maybe noone else had the numbers from both TU and True Credit to compare.

5. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

14 points lower!

6. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Roni, I'm curious if the TrueCredit TU report differs in format from the WorthKnowing TU report?

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

no psychodoc,

Truecredit offers a format like equifax. They offer a 3 digit credit score with explanations. It is much better than worthknowing (which is useless).

The truecredit score for experian was very reliable in my opinion.

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

The "True" in Truecredit is a misnomer unless it is the FICO model, is it not?

Sorry, I am not paying for any "pseudo" score. If it is not the score that lenders pull, then you are comparing apples to oranges, to put it simply. I will take advantage of as many free trials as I can though:)

9. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

TU score (8/28/01)=500
    Truecredit score (9/6/01)=589

Pretty unreliable if you ask me.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

MikeB,

Back in the stoneages before the BIG 3 were giving up scores, Truecredit was all I had to gauge my credit. That is my point of reference. Surely I would rather use the real scores now.