Is this enough validation?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fxs158, Aug 10, 2003.

1. fxs158

fxs158 Well-Known Member

HI,

I sent some vlidations letters to some Collectors, one of them replied to my validatio immediatelly witha hospital record showing my name adress ans social. It also contained a list breaking down charges. The charges look ok but there are two payemtn dates on teh account and the dates seem to be off.

Is this enough to fulfill the validation requirement or are they required to show the contrat between me and the doctor?

2. Phreedom

Phreedom Well-Known Member

3. fxs158

fxs158 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the threads, I was reading trough them and got kind of lost that is why I made this post. Hoping that one of the gurus would answer as If I need to take any action it has to be soon because I received their validation on saturday.

One more thing that i think it might be important, the validation letter sent form the collection agency was not Certified, could I not also aknoledge ever receiving it?

4. Phreedom

Phreedom Well-Known Member

Ignoring it wont do any good. Even though CA's are not obligated by law to respond to a validation requests, the hope for one in sending a validation request is the CA doesn't have the necessary info. Even if they ignore you, you can eventually sue them in court knowing they don't have the docs.

In your case, you know they have *something*. Now the question is is the *something* they have adequete? I'm sorry I can't help you there, hopefully some here can.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

6. lbrown59

the validation letter sent form the collection agency was not Certified, *could I not also aknoledge ever receiving it?
    fxs158
    ==============
    * It won't fly- been discussed here several times.

7. lbrown59

Is this enough to fulfill the validation requirement or are they required to show the contrat between me and the doctor?
    ==================
    You need contract

8. fxs158

fxs158 Well-Known Member

lbrown59,

Thanks for your responces, the paper contained the names of the procedures performed. I did not get a copy of a contract but then again I do not recall if hospitals make you sign a contract. "I would think so"

What letter should I send to demmand more validation or to tell the CA that the validation they sent is not adequate?

9. lbrown59

lbrown59, Bumping for fxs158

Thanks for your responces, the paper contained the names of the procedures performed. I did not get a copy of a contract but then again I do not recall if hospitals make you sign a contract. "I would think so"

What letter should I send to demmand more validation or to tell the CA that the validation they sent is not adequate?
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

10. lbrown59

If it proves the debt is owed it's enough.
    If it don't prove it's owed it's not enough.

11. lbrown59

1*did not get a copy of a contract but then again I do not recall if hospitals make you sign a contract. "I would think so"

2*What letter should I send to demmand more validation or to tell the CA that the validation they sent is not adequate?
    fxs158
    ==============
    1*Contract is a part of validation.
    2*No need to do this. They are in the business and should know how to operate it without your help.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''