Is This Legit ??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dinob12, May 14, 2001.

1. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Okay so I get a postcard in the mail from STI CARD PROCESSING CENTER...States that I have a preapproved Platinum card for the amount of $5000... I called the 1800 number and gave some lady the access code on the postcard...She explained that I will be recieving a card for which I can use to purchase things inside of their catalogue..She also stated that I would also be recieving a Mastercard in the next 2 weeks....I asked her which bank is issueing the Mastercard...She told me that they shop around to see which bank picks me up..But she stated that I would definetely be recieving a Master Card...ANY ONE ELSE EVER RESPOND TO THIS OFFER IN THE MAIL ?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IT IS A CATALOGUE SHOPPING CARD FOR OVER PRICED JUNK NOT A VISA/MC.

Ok they will "SHOP" you around, is it worth 30 HARD inquires to get one VISA/MC???

3. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

STAY AWAY FROM THEM.......!!!!!!!!

4. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

This sounds like the same scam that has been floating around for a while....

Overpriced merchandise (waayy overpriced) and I'm willing to bet that their "bank" claim is a huge lie...

anyone else?

5. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

This scam has been going around for years. You will not get a mastercard or visa. You will get a gold card from the issuer that is good only for their catalogue. No one ever buys the catalogue stuff because it is overpriced and they require a downpaymnent that equals what you would pay for the same item in a local store. They make all their money from the upfront fees you pay. When I worked for the government, we raided a place like this. Their fees from people were in the tens of millions of dollars. Their actual catalogue sales were under $20,000.

6. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information.....Will definetely heed the advice given..