Is this possible?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laura, Jan 25, 2001.

1. Laura

Laura Guest

Sorry to ask the same thing again.......but as I stated I have to get my deposit to my surgeon by 2-1-01, and he is in California. So I am trying to find a way to get the money fast to get it to him quickly. You can send money via Western Union by credit card. But will it come off your charge limit or cash available limit? Does anyone know? I registered with them and figured I would send the money to my mom or sister and have them cash it and I would deposit it back to my checking account. I can't figure any other way unless you can use your check card and do a balance transfer and I don't know if that will work? Anyone that knows I appreciate the help.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

The Western Union idea is a pretty good one. Just wire the money to whoever (not yourself) and then get it from them. Western Union has some high fees to wire money though...

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Forgot to add..

Western Union accepts Visa/MC and the charge goes on your card under purchases, not cash advance.

4. Laura

Laura Guest

RE: Forgot to add..

Thanks girl I owe you a BIG one!! Not that I can help you, you know much more than I, but if ever the need, I do owe you. A real lifesaver. The dr's office called today to tell me my insurance won't cover this procedure. I had to whine, cry and beg for an hour (not really that long) to get them to agree to a payment plan. So they are taking $900 cash upfront and then I have to pay the rest out in 60 days. No problem since I will have my income tax by then. Apparently he is a sought after plastic surgeon. He's in Beverly Hills, his zip code is 90210 if that tells you anything. I will be 2 blocks from Rodeo Drive, not that I can afford anything there....lol.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Forgot to add..

last time i checked most/all doctors took credit cards?

6. Laura

Laura Guest

Sam

No they don't. I am in the medical field and have been for over 15 yrs and there are still alot of them who don't accept credit cards unfortunately. My children's pediatrician happens to be one of them. But they take post dated checks :)

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Sam

wierd. my doctor, dentist both take plastic. It seems odd a plastic surgeon (HAR HAR) doesn't take it :)

Maybe the guy goes online and takes paypal :)

sorry. Thats odd. I guess if you didn't like his cosmetic work or butchery, you could dispute it. I can see the doctors point. Disputes hurt.

Make sure you check the guy out with the BBB, there may be a reason he doesn't take cards any more.

best of luck!