Is this possible...?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shirley, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Is it possible that I have a blank credit report?

I had a very bad year in '92 (husband left after I had surgery, lost the apartment all that was in it and slept on my sister's couch for the next 14 months or so until I was recovered and got a job.)

I have been "on the run" from about 9 credit cards since that late '92. I haven't paid anything toward any of them since sometime in early 1993. Is it possible that they have all fallen off my credit report and it is now blank?

The other question I have is what if there are judgements against me for these debts. Do they fall off the report after 7 years too? I'm in NYC and will be ordering my reports soon. I"m sure I"ll need a lot of help here in understanding them.

I make about $15,000 a year and know that I cannot pay off these debts. I have no clue what I owe anymore. I haven't heard from any collection agency in years except for a letter sent recently to my parents informing that the debt was bought by a new credit card company. (The old one, I found out went bankrupt)

I'm trying to establish some stability now that i'm in my mid-30s and have a long way to go in cleaning this up. I'd just like to have an idea of where I stand and the possibles.

Thanks for any help.

2. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Order your credit report. There should be nothing in your credit report since the last day of activity was in 1993.

Since you have not kept up with your credit report, some of these items may still be there. The SOL expired, so you have a defense for not paying these debts. Pay nothing, I mean nothing. Dispute everything as obsolete. If they re-aged the account, they are in violation of the FCRA and you can actually make money off of them.

If there is a judgement, nothing I stated above applies. A judgement can be renewed if your creditors keep their paperwork in order.

Get your report online from Experian and Equifax. I am not sure, but I think reports in NY are either free or 3 dollars. Don't waste time! Get them and we will help you get everything in order.

This has become a hobby to me. I love to turn around the table and make the creditors sweat!

3. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

I tried getting my report from Experian online but it says I can only get it through the mail. Perhaps they have an outdated address for me or something.