Is this right?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Karine, Sep 23, 2000.

1. Karine

Karine Guest

My home was burgled a while ago and my visa credit card statement was among the items stolen. So I immediately called my bank to cancel my card and was sent a new card with a different account no.
    I just saw my credit report from equifax and discovered that my new visa account is listed as been one month old and the previous one as been about 10 months old. This statements are true but I thought that my bank would simply update my new account info. with the bureau and as such continue with the old account listing.Am I wrong? If not what can I do? I got declined for a mastercard some months ago and the reason they gave was that I had too many revolving accounts. So you can imagine why this unneccessary addition is upsetting. Your help would be very appreciated.

Karine

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I have that same problem. On a couple of my credit reports, First USA is listed 3 times!!!! But next to 2 of the reports, it says "Card lost or stolen". Then on my 3rd card it has on the correct information. But the information doesn't go back to the day that I opened the account. It only goes from when I was issued that card. So my big question is why can't they just delete the stolen card info and merge that with my exsisting account? Maybe I should call them and find out.....