Is this too good to be true?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ATM, Mar 14, 2001.

1. ATM

ATM Guest

My Best friend has had a GM card for almost 5 years and added me as a 2nd card holder last year. Okay well on my reports it shows me as being an authorized user and shows all the good paying history of the account. Well we called The GM the other day and asked them about adding me as a co-borrower. They told us that they would send an application for me to fill out and that if I were approved then I would then have full rights to the account as well as the history of the account would become mine. I asked about the history 2 times and they say yes all info would become mine too. Anyway if this is in fact the case then we are going to go ahead and do this soon. He doesnâ??t want the account and has only kept it because I asked him too (good friends are hard to come by, but great when you have them).

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Re: Is this too good to be tru

Yes, that's correct. First USA does the same thing. You know, of course, that when you sign as a coborrower you are now also legally obligated for the account.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Re: Is this too good to be tru

Be careful though. If you both use each other cards it goes to your max credit available... so in essence, once you get a good credit rating, you'll only have half the available credit you "could" get with your incomes.