Is this true?????????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Becky, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I was on another board. Had asked a question about disputed items.

Anyway the responder stated that. Even though you get items deleted. If a lender pulls a complete file on you whatever you thought was deleted. Actually is still there & they can see it.

Is this true?

Then what the H__ is the point of deleting & fighting these jerks?

I do know that when a lender pulled my CR. There was more info then actually was on the one report that the CRA sent to me.

What's the deal on that? How are you suppose to correct items that you don't know exist. Unless a lender shows them to you?

Becky

2. timjcathom

timjcathom Well-Known Member

Once deleted, it's gone. Now then, it can be reinserted if the creditor chooses to do so.

3. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

I know the CRA's can be careless and just plain lazy with consumer's credit reports but I find it hard to believe they would be foolish enough to supply lenders with one report and the consumer with a different report. The CRA's would have to know they would be caught sooner or later (probably sooner) and it would cost them big.

4. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Tamara,

This is how bright Equifax is. They had three files on me. Each with different info, variations on my name & some duplictae items.

They not only sent 2, but all 3 to a lender. That's how I found out there were 3. Each one had a different becon score.

A tri merged copy that a mortgage lender pulled on me. Showed many items on it that when I recieved my three copies did not show up on them.

When I confronted Equifax they first denied it. Then they found file #2. Still claim #3 dosen't exist.

I asked for them to merge the files so that there was only one. They argued about that. finally they did do it. The third is still floating around the system some where.

Becky

5. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

I think what they are refering to is items that are over 7 years old. Generally, everything past 7 years is removed from you're report;however, CRA's are supposed to leave the items there, and just not show them under most circumstances. If you apply for a large loan, or apply for a job with a high salary, they are supposed to be able to see you're entire credit history, but I think the CRA's just delete it after 7 years rather than fight with it.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Many times a creditor sees items you think were deleted. It is a major problem with the system.

breeze

7. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

Will there ever be a soultion?

Or will we constantly be banging our head on the wall trying to correct our own info?

It almost makes you wonder why waste the little time we have on earth dealing with these morons.

I see it as a lose, lose situation. Guess I am tried of playing this game. I want a new one that I can win:)

Becky

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

It's a consumer revolution. There has never been a revolution where a little "blood" wasn't shed. Let's make it theirs, not ours!!

breeze

9. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

Is this because items are re-inserted without the consumer being told. It's not because the CRA's keep one CR file for the lenders to see and another for us to see. That really would be scary. I can see how Becky's problem occurred. They just opened a new credit report on her without checking to see if one already existed or put in the wrong ss#, name and the result..... multiple credit reports. One of the first lessons I learned in credit repair is how inept the CRA's are. And that lesson gets reaffirmed everyday.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

This is what seems to be happening. I am talking with a mortgage broker who says it is a common problem.

breeze

11. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Yes. sometimes.

watch Experian like a hawk.

They report old delinquencies as currently delinquent to your creditors and since you don't see a "current status" on our consumer reports you'll never know it.

Also, I have a HFC that shows positive on my report. No derogs. On my lenders copy it LOOKS the same.. but it's in the derogatory section..

Because it's in that section, it counts against me and against my score...

and my lenders, who normally only see numbers think I have 4 sallie mae accounts that are currently 120 days late...

they're paid off 3 years ago and the account numbers are wrong..

12. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I was begining to think it was just me that this stuff was happening to.

I don't understand how legally they can show us one thing & a lender something either more in depth or completely different?

The last time I looked at my report in 11/00 everything was fine. I had done no inquiries from 8/00 to 5/00. Then wam I see this lender reports & freak.

When I get mine 1/2 the stuff isn't there. I did dispute with Equifax a few items that were only on the lender copy. I did this over the phone & the person didn't say anthing, 'like how did you know that. It's not on your copy.'

I wonder how they see the report when they are looking at it.

All I want is a house. Not to much to ask for is it?:) Because of all this BS it isn't happening.

The realtor that is trying to find us a lender for a house. Called today & asked if so & so had called. 'No'. What he was told by the lender was that the interest rate is so low. That they don't have to work hard for the person who does have issues. Cause there are so many others out there that they can do wham bam thank ya mam. So why bother with us.

My faith in humanity & the ole mighty dollar has not been tarnished.

Becky

13. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

Can real estate agents pull credit reports? After I finish cleaning up my credit, I'm thinking of asking my best friend's mom to pull my CR. I'll get a copy myself on the same day and see if there is any difference.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

15. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

Too bad. I would love to get a copy pulled by a lender and one I pull on the same day to compare.

16. PuuOoPaul

PuuOoPaul Well-Known Member

I look at credit reports quite frequently at work. They look very differently than consumer cr's. They are much more complicated to read using codes with letters and numbers. The problem usually lies in who is reading and interpreting the information. I am surprised by how many people in the financial world who cannot read a report accurately. I have been contacted several times by lenders questioning a prospective customers report to come to find the answer is in front of them but they don't know how to locate it. They're just not user friendly.

I would doubt that the cra's go through the hassle of creating seperate files for both consumers and businesses. It would not seem feasible. I imagine that we each have one file garbled with information and depending on who is pulling the report certain info will be reported and some not for sake of efficiency.

Has anyone ever requested from a cra a copy not formatted for the consumer? I wonder if they would honor such a request. I tend to doubt so considering their instruction booklet is way longer than the report itself.

Aloha,
    PuuOoPaul