Is TU score in the mail accurate

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Aug 27, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Hello again,

I have been checking my TU score which I received in the mail. It is about 40-60 points lower than what my mortgage broker told me my score was a week prior. I have read discussions on this board about different type of scores, but wow that is a huge drop. TU has not entered the realm of stinking Equifax in my book.

Mike G.

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Same here, my mortgage broker quoted me a 618 and the tu score was only 548.

3. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think that TransUnion is the worst (by far) as far as scoring goes. To add insult to injury, the "Worthknowing.com" report is merely my TransUnion data (or so it appears). My score is 543 on TransUnion, and they tend to report items 6-12 months LONGER (with different dates) than Equifax and Experian (I have two medical collection from 1994 that comes off at years end on EQ and EX, but TU it stays on until 5/2002? (the date it went into collection). Needless to say, after just checking the Worthknowing score, I'm slightly more depressed than I had been (5/100), although Kmart Mastercard approved me (they must've used EQ or EX... I'll let you know on that one).

A. J.

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I got a 5/100 on worthknowing.com too!! I honestly don't care about the worthknowing score. I just use it because it's easy pulling a updated transunion report from worthknowing.com site.

5. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I am not sure how updated the worthknowing reports are but they are very useful. I ran into a similar situation where my mortgage broker put me in the low 600s. I was shocked to receive the report from TU to include a score of 560. To make it worse, I just received an updated copy and my score now is 520. I used to think TU was the best. TU is quickly passing Equifax as the the bottom of the barrel. If I can just get Equifax to report one account right, my score should shoot up. It dropped 70 points when they decided to declare me 90 days late.

I am waiting until September 1st to get an updated report from Equifax. No change in my report and I sue (I sent return receipt letters earlier this month).

Mike G.

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Ain't no such thing as an accurate score .!!!