is TU the only one...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

that keeps the deleted tradelines off your report? For the other 2 CRAs, do you need to request for this to be done or have it be an extreme situation for it to occur?

I just got my results back from Equifax - I had 5 more deletions!! Wahoo! Doing good so far.. I just hope they stay off! The annoying thing is that they listed my paid judgement TWICE now and also added something called "HOUSING" which I have NO IDEA what that is.

So now, my second round of disputes going to the CRA's are going to dispute:

TU: 10 items
    Equifax: 10 items
    Experian: 17 items

That is all I have left that is negative. I had around 23-25 on each, so I've made significant progress just for round 1.

Anyhow - has anyone had reinsertions from their creditors/CAs? My last activity date on majority of the tradelines are 1997, except those that are positive of course.. just curious to other's experiences out there.

My goal is to have 100% CLEAN credit by Mid October and I think I'll be able to achieve it..

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I had a reinsertion on my Equifax

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Those reinsertions only happen when you fail to attack the creditor or the collection agency first. Get rid of them first by forcing them to either forgive the debt and take it off for you(creditors) or pay it themselves(collection agencies) as the case may be and then the re-insertions don't happen.

Proper construction of the validation letter plus timely follow-ups with various additional pressures applied dependant upon how the situation goes have been successful in getting the job done in a substantial number of cases.

4. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

5. Shantel

Bill,

I realize what you are saying and I'm working on that now.

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Great!

Good luck.

Have a nice day.

7. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

That's why it's best to do both of course.. my question was more to see if people have experienced these reinsertions and if the CRA's did contact them within 7-10 days of the reinsertions with an updated report. That's all ..

8. Shantel

I was NOT contacted about the re-insertion. The only reason I know it was back is because I order my credit report.

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Ender, I had a charge off deleted, courtesy of Junum in April. In May I received an updated report from Experian saying they received additional info and it has been re-inserted. The FCRA states that in order to reinsert a deletion, the item in question must be certified to be true. I called Experian and asked what additional info they had received and how they received it. I was told the info came in on the monthly update. In other words, no new info was reported, it was just on the tape they send in monthly. I then asked for the name and phone number of who updated this "new" info. The rep had no name and gave me the public customer servie phone number. So, in other words, nothing was updated or certified to be correct. At this point, I may sent Experian a letter requesting who updated this info and how they updated it, which is my right per FCRA. And then, when they refuse to cooperate or cannot supply that info, I may fle a lawsuit.

10. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Good thinking LKH. You have the necessary paper trail and I think it will work. I would also have them cloak those items so they would never appear again as well.

Also make sure that the inquiries dont' refer to them a well, because when a compute runs a credit check, they search for the word collection and such.. and if that is part of the name of the CAs on the inquiries, it reduces your points that way as well..

The fighting never ends..