IT WORKED! i GOT MY REPORT FR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Donna, Nov 28, 2000.

1. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

After reviewing my settings in Internet Explorer, I couldn't find anything that needed to be changed, so I decided to go back and take another shot at getting my Experian report online. This time I was successful. I don't know why I couldn't get through the system before.

Anyway, there is some information on my report that is really perplexing! My paid charge off is still there! Yep, it's still listed in the column for negative items and I'm so disappointed.

Last week, Experian responded to my dispute concerning this account and their letter indicated that the item would be deleted. An updated credit report showing the change even accompanied the investigation results.

So why is the negative mark back? Why is it still showing on my Experian report? And, more importantly, what should I do? Would the best course be to wait a couple weeks and check my report again? Or perhaps I should get in touch with Experian immediately.

If anyone has thoughts or ideas to offer, I'm ready to listen.

Thanks much.

Donna

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: IT WORKED! i GOT MY REPOR

If they sent you an updated report showing it deleted then it should be deleted. If it was added back, they are required to send you another updated report with notification that it is re-added. If you haven't recieved such notice, I would call them.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am not sure, but I believe these online reports may be generated from the beginning of the month?? Don't know why i think that but I can't see the online report being pulled for the exact day you pull your report? I could be wrong, but maybe you should call and they could tell you better. I spoke with them today and the rep was very friendly. Although they claim the report date, I think it may be from the beginning of the month. When did you receive the updated report and results of their investigation??

Mom

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

lkh,

I appreciate getting such a prompt response from you. I'm going to call. This really bugs me! Maybe I'll sit on the phone and try to get through during lunch hour.

Thanks again.

Donna

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Mom,

I hhope you're right. Maybe the online report is pulled based on info available at the first of the month. I sure am praying so!

The letter from Experian came last week, either on Monday or Tuesday.

When you called them, Mom, how long did you have to wait on the line? Since I'm at work, I can't stay on hold for too long.

Thanks. At least I'm starting to feel like there's still hope.

Donna

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not very long

I was on hold for about 10 minutes tops, and since you just received the update I would think the report has not been updated since 11/00 online, so I'm sure you are okay. but you can call just to make sure and while you are on there request your limits to be shown:) Keep us posted:)

Mom

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I've called both Equifax and Experian and was on hold for about 2 minutes each.

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Not very long

Thanks again, Mom.

I wrote down the authorization number on my report; because I was so rattled, I forgot to write down the account number for the paid charge off account.

Maybe the Experian rep will talk with me about it anyway, especially since it's the only paid charge off item. Anyway, we'll see.

Donna

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

I've sent in a lot of dispute letters but this will be the first time I've ever called any of the three bureaus.

Maybe it sounds silly, but I'm kind of nervous.

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Give 'em heck!

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks. <smile> Shall do.

12. Kristi

Kristi Guest

I was also able to retrieve mine. All looked pretty accurate since I keep a pretty close eye on it. Only two problems, my name had an aka of Krish & my address was slightly wrong. Other then that, It was darn accurate :0)

All accounts were exactly as they should be & I got it free too!

Momof3 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I am not sure, but I believe these online reports may be generated from the beginning of the month?? Don't know why i think that but I can't see the online report being pulled for the exact day you pull your report? I could be wrong, but maybe you should call and they could tell you better. I spoke with them today and the rep was very friendly. Although they claim the report date, I think it may be from the beginning of the month. When did you receive the updated report and results of their investigation??

Mom

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Donna,
    When you said you ordered it online, was this from experian's website. Also, were you required to enter a confirmation # to get the report?

roni.

14. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Roni,

Yes, I got the report from experian online. I filled out the form, answered the four verification questions and my report was presented. It was quite simple to get around the screen, follow the links and read the report using speech.

As I write this, I'm thinking back as to the last date the report showed an account as verified and I believe it was November 2. The investigation results I got back regarding my paid charge off had a later date, I'm sure. I don't recall exactly what the date was but it came in the mail Monday or Tuesday of last week.

Maybe, as Mom suggests, the online report hasn't been updated since the first of the month. Oh, and, yes, I did get an quthorization number.

Thanks.

Donna

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

yes, Donna that makes sense. I wouldnot worry about it.

roni.

16. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Roni, I'm doing my best not to worry. But I sure would like to see that bad mark zapped!

Early tomorrow morning...before work officially starts...I plan to call Experian to get my credit limit listed for CitiBank. At that time, I think I'll just ask if the online report is current.

Donna

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

By the way Roni

When you go to the experian site it asked if you have been denied credit in last 60 days, i wasn't however I know I had an inquiry for my mortgage so since I didn't actually get the mortgage at this point in time, I checked yes and got it free and so did hubby. I guess what I am getting at is if you know of a recent inquiry that was from experian you may be able to get free report??

Mom

18. Alice

Alice Guest

RE: Experian reports are up to

the reports are up to date I applied yesterday for a loan and it showed the credit report was pulled from the company yesterday. I got mine today.