Items reappearing on CR?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Apr 18, 2001.

1. geekpipe

geekpipe Well-Known Member

How often do people find that something disappears or is deleted one month and then they see the same thing again later? What can be done about that? Do you have to dispute it again? DOes the process start all over? What if they come back and then verify it?

2. Leslie

Leslie Guest

My experience having deleted 20 items total is none have reappeared. My gut reaction is that if you have a letter showing it deleted and you send a copy with a new dispute letter, it should be deleted again without question.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

When a CRA deletes an item, they can make it a "hard delete" or a "soft delete".

A hard delete prevents an item from re-appearing even if the creditor tries to re-insert it.

Saar

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Saar

Thanks I have been so curious about that, especially with all the Junum disputes, I know they only dispute with CRAs and wondering if after you items get deleted, the next month the creditor turns around and reinserts it. So how do they decide to either "hard" delete it or "soft" delete it??

Just curious I am waiting to hear from Equifax, I basically laid the blame with them and threatened with my Attorney General, hoping they just delete the darn thing and wondering what would happen next month when CA tried to report it?

Thanks
    Mom

5. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Get rid of the reporter first

I can't really give a truthful answer as of yet as to how well something that I have done successfully will work as of yet because I have only had 3 successes to date, but what I am doing is running off the collection agencies once and for all and then doing the verify-validate routine.

Since what I am doing has caused each of the 3 collection agencies to send me an apology and a notice that the bill is paid in full, and it has only worked 3 times and never with an original creditor, I'm relucant to really say much about it. All 3 of the "give-ups" have happened in the last week, and 2 of them just came in today's mail.

I'll talk about it more when I have maybe 10 to 20 actual successes under the belt.

Bill Bauer

6. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Re: Get rid of the reporter fi

I have had a paid judgment reinserted twice. (I'm not with junum, maybe they specifically request a hard delete.) It is due to fall off on 7/01, and even though that is only 3 months away, they put it back on. I guess it was deleted because they didnt verify within the 30 day time limit.

7. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Re: Get rid of the reporter fi

If it's worth it to you, then I suppose you need to demand validation again. By the time you do that and get it deleted at least another month will go by and only 2 months to go after that.Maybe you won't even get an actual answer that fast. Probably you won't.

You have to decide if it's worth the fight depending on your circumstances. If I were in your shoes, your situation,(which I'm not of course) I would just sit tight and let it fall off by itself and if it didn't then I would start hopping up and down and screaming "foul ball" or something like that

Bill Bauer