It's Amazing How...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brett, Jul 3, 2001.

1. brett

brett Member

i just happened on tis message board and was cruising thru some of the old threads and have noticed alot of college educated people with 3 digit incomes are rebuilding their credit after bankruptcy or tons of charge-offs and/or student loans. It's amazing to see such educated people let their finances get out of control and I am sitting here worried about two 500.00 charge-offs.These same white collar people that have hit a low-point in their life are really more careless than the average person when it comes to managing money.And always looking for the easy way out.Guess I shouldn't sweat the small stuff!!! I just can't get over this.I think alot of their problems stem from attitude.O well,we will see.

2. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

College educated and only a 3 digit income????? Man... guess they majored in the wrong field!

3. brett

brett Member

Sure.You got college educated school teachers out there with two digit incomes.

4. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

My post was in jest.... I believe that you're talking about 6 & 5 digit incomes. I don't think there are any college-educated teaches making less than $100 per year.

However, I do get your point. What you have to remember though is that most of those white-collar professionals weren't making those 6 figure incomes directly out of college, but many do leave college with lots of credit card and school loan debt. I personally had 11 credit cards when I graduated. Fortunately I never got in too far over my head with those cards. To a lot of people it seems to be sort of a game to see how many cards you can get (that's how I saw it at one point). I think if our high schools did a better job of teaching "real-world economics" to students it would help a lot. Now you see the occassional advertisement about "using credit wisely" from various card companies and govt. agencies, but when I was in college there was nothing of the sort (1990 - 1994). The first thing I saw regarding credit in college was the row upon row of student card applications when I went to enroll.

Anyway, better get back to work.

Take care.

5. brett

brett Member

Glad you caught that. And I am college educated. But you got the idea,that's what counts.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Educated, uneducated, edumacated, dumb, dummer,3 digit incomes, SIX digit incomes, Richy Rich, white collar, blue collar, green collar, ring around the collar, black tie, bow tie, monocle wearing, students, COLLEGE students, ex-wives, ex-husbands, ex-marines, accident victims, crime victims, WHATEVER ... we all can have problems, situations, accidents etc that may impact our lives and our credit...holier than thou or not, ATTITUDE has little if anything to do with credit problems. (BTW White collar people more careless than the average person when it comes to managing money?!?! What the heck are you talking about? Is that bigotry or class-ism? Whatever, its ugly)

I agree you should smile if your only problem is a 500.00 charge off...WAIT A MINUTE, TWO $500.00 CHARGE OFFS ... SHAME ON YOU!!! I can't believe you let it get to that level! I thumb my nose at you.

-Dave

7. brett

brett Member

What an excellient example you are of exactly what this is all about.The white collar man who couldn't manage his finances.It all goes back to attitude which you displayed to the Tee. Hope you have better luck this time around. Just don't be so careless next time. Hope this didn't hit a nerve,but O well,we did see.Shouldn't be so gullible.

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Naah! And the only white collar I have is on my bright yellow pink and blue hawaiian shirt. Sure no fashion sense, don't need any with my attitude -hang loose baby- !!! Nice try at the jab, but ya know what?...uh uh!

-Dave

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

brett,

You are jumping to conclusions. Most of the people on this board are coming back from disasters that had nothing to do with attitude, such as a major illness or loss of a high paying job, some lost a business in the down-turn of the economy. Some are victims of identity fraud. I personally lost my husband after a major illness where his insurance ran out, then I had a major illness myself. Many many people are here because they made mistakes when they were young and inexperienced. Some are victims of predatory lending, innocently getting credit from companies who are now facing class action lawsuits for their predatory practices.

Who do you think you are to jump in and categorized people without knowing the details of their situations?

And I certainly hope you don't expect anyone here to help you with your chargeoffs, because I certainly don't plan to. I guess that shouldn't be a problems to you, though, since you already know it all.

breeze

10. brett

brett Member

What you are speaking of is just a small minority.The majority were living beyond their means.Face the facts.two charge-offs of 500.00 each is nothing compare to what I have seen here. I don't feel so bad after all.That's just a drop in the bucket. No need for advice after doing a search on charge-offs.

11. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Breeze, picture the kid who nobody wants to play with 'cause he's bossy & mean. That's this guy. He needs to go back to the sandbox & learn to play nice.
    Go on & play now, nice poster. The adults here want to have some adult conversation.

Now, to try out the ignore button....

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Like I said, who do you think you are???????????

You know this???

I find your comments offensive.

breeze

13. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Brett,is just TROLLING FOLKS. Don't bite and he will move on.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

You're right. Probably no friends, just a computer. Hanging out harrassing folks. LOL

breeze

15. brett

brett Member

Yea,we are having a good laugh over here at Miss Nave trying to be cute.She needs a few more lessons before she gets back on the stage.Try The Gong Show Miss Nave,you'll find out real quick if you got what it takes to be cute.You are a laughing joke.

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

LOL Miss Nave?

ROFLMAO!!!!!

just shows what we were saying. You don't know what you're talking about!!

breeze

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Have another pepsi, brett, you're getting more and more entertaining.

breeze

18. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Brett.....

Do you have any facts to support your assertions that a majority of people with credit problems are people who lived outside their means?

I know I had about $30K in solid, never-late credit when my mom became very ill and passed away in 1997 with no life insurance. That's when my credit problems began.

Maybe your experiences dictate that most of us just lived outside our means but until you can produce cold, hard facts to support your assertions, I'll let you continue to make an ass out of yourself in front of the whole board.

It's a shame you couldn't afford to keep up with your payments on two measly $500 accounts! Must be one of those college-educated folks making a 3-digit income (as you would say). If ya can't handle just 2 small accounts, maybe YOU are the one living outside your means. Otherwise, you're just a thief.

Tom

19. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Tom, you don't have to explain yourself. This child doesn't understand adult issues. Just look at the way he talks....very infantile. School yard taunting. Ignore him & he'll go away.
    Now git along, brett. We're busy. Maybe a nice coloring book will keep you occupied.

20. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Who is Brett? Why are any of you "explaining", defending, etc to him?

If you want to fuel the fire, go on. Let him be judgemental...WHATEVER!

Moving on....