It's Good To Check Credit Reports

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by champion2b, Jul 17, 2001.

1. champion2b

champion2b Member

I usually just read the posts on this board instead of posting but here is info I wanted to share.

I received my credit report from equifax by mailed yesterday after disputing information (late payments). All personal information was correct (it should not have changed because I did not dispute it). Today I pull scorepower on line which includes the credit report. My address has been changed to somewhere in Cumming, Georgia, nowhere near my current address. My actual address is reported as a previously address. (My score dropped 8 points with this one change; I didn't really think change of address should count for anything but who knows.)

Last month my report changed all of my dates for 3 collections to 1963 from 1999. Given the opportunity to start a new dispute for these paid collections, I took it with a certified, handwritten letter to Equifax stating these were not mine (born after 1963). I had previously disputed the collections as paid in full. Two of the collections were deleted immediately. The third collection is still under investigation; hopefully the agency will not respond.

This is just reassurance to check reports frequently for errors and opportunities. I also have CreditExpert and I pull my credit report daily to make sure no incorrect information has been inserted. I will pay the $79 just to make sure everything is accurate and I won't be surprise when trying to get a new mortgage.

Sorry this is so long but perhaps it makes up for not posting that often.

--Champion2b

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Champ,

That is cool information! Lucky you - glad their mistake was in your favor!

breeze

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Come to think of it, I guess I should have disputed my tax liens when they had my DOB as 1919, LOL.

breeze

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOUR PRETTY GOOD LOOKIN' FOR 82...

:)

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You must sell your secret...

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Why thank you George <blush>
    You're right, of course - Would you consider becoming my marketing VP?

breeze

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Sure.

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

okay, you will have to work for equity, though. No paychecks

breeze