It's just too much!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Vice, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Vice

Vice Guest

Hi all,

I have been reading this board for almost 4 months. This board is very useful for the new comer to this country like me. I have been here for almost 5 years. I started building my credit 3 years ago with good standing unitl now. 2 years ago I got married and 2 months ago I found out that my husband, he has a very very bad credit.

- 2 paid charge off-Providian, and Capital One (will drop 2008)
    - 2 paid student loans (will drop 2005)
    - 30 days, 60 days late payment for Macy's Card and Bloomingdale's card.

Every single item on the report has the problem with late payment.

I argue with him about this almost everyday. I also add him as an authorized user for almost a year.

Last month I sent out dispute letter for him to all 3 CRA's and yesterday I got reply from Experian and they are all varified. I want to kill myself. This ruin my life. I just can't take it anymore. We can't do anything until 2008.

I am not working right now. All my credit card are Student Credit Card (Citibank and Amex) Also I am 25 weeks pregnent. I don't know what to do anymore. It's just too much for me. Seems like there is no future for me. My husband he's 40 years old at the time he can rebuild his credit he will be almost 50 years old. We didn't even have a house ourselves. What a life!

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Vice, you need to get some professional counseling.

Credit problems don't cause people to talk like this.

Its certainly not the end of the world.

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Not that bad

His credit is not that bad. If you want a house you can still get it with these things on your credit report. He doesn't have car repos or Bankruptcy, so everything is fixable.

Arguing with someone about late payments which are in the past is useless. This in the past are in the past and can not be changed.

I agree with Sam, you need some conseling or you are going to be headed to divorce court.

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

But it is a good reason why people should disclose credit issues to their s.o. before marriage.

I remember a joke thread on some board about how choose a marriage partner based on FICO. It was pretty funny, but also good advice, imho...

5. CCMax

CCMax Guest

RE: Not that bad

Seriously, it's not that bad. I'm 31 weeks pregnant--trying to get a mortgage too with a husband who is just as slow to fix his problems. Trust me, I am also one hormonal maniac now, but cooler heads must prevail. You can definitely work on those issues, even obtain credit while those items are being reported, and perhaps you could have them deleted well before the 7-year reporting period is up.

Just calm down, educate yourself and your husband (not by yelling), and do everything you can to not make any more costly mistakes. If that means taking him off your accounts, then just do it. Cut your expenses, save some money, regularly check and repair your credit, and you are well on your way to home ownership, and I doubt you'll have to wait till 2008.

I know you need to vent; this is a great place for it. Keep us posted.

CC

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Sounds like the perfect circumstances to retain junum.com to work on his credit.

Saar

7. Larry

Larry Guest

RE: Not much!

1st come down... your situation is all fixable, and like others said, all the baddies are really not that bad. Take him off as a authorized user on your cards... Get him to apply for secure cards after the baby is born and you are able to work again... In the meantime, educate him and yourself on credit issues, learn to be discipline... Keep your cards in good standing and upgrade them... Your house is not far from coming !

Please keep us posted on your progress, and by all means use this board to release your frustrations, your plans, your decisions !!

Good luck !

8. Vice

Vice Guest

Hi,

Thank you you all. I feel a bit better. I love his board. Ppl always want to help. I really feel much much better. Now I am going to tell him to get secured card (chase or citibank) I will have to wait until 2008 anyway. All those negative items happened before we got married. Worst than that he got charge off from Providian which actully happened before the end of 1998 but Providian still keeps it active and start to charge off in year 2000 and will drop off on 01/2008. (this item is the longest one) Should I dispute about the date? I have no idea what reason I should dispute. My husband never keeps any document about it. He paid off already.

Thank again all of you. I really appreciate your help. At least I am not alone.

9. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Rather than apply for a Chase secured, maybe your husband can get his Capital One card re-instated. Having him as an authorized user on your accounts should help improve his credit, too.

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Perfect Circumstances

There would be one more requirement for retaining junum.com: no more late payments, ever again.

Perfection in this case would require that the husband is not undoing with late payments what junum is doing with its credit repair techniques.

11. Vice

Vice Guest

Thank you so much . He just sent out the application letter for Chase Secured Card. Also today we got Citibank Secured Card Application and there is the note at the bottom of the letter mentioned that "Please keep in mind that your application will not be approved if a bankruptcy or serious delinquency appears on your credit bereau report"

Should he go for it?

Thanks again.

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Welcome VICE :)

Nice name - I have participated in that area
    many times but that is a different email. :)

Look at the situation. Yopu have set yourself up very nicely - like the others have said for a new house very soon!

Keep your cards A1, you will get the house in your name, with your hubby's income qualifying also.

Get him a secure card - not CITI or CHASE - they won't approve past bad credit even for the secured cards.

Dial up FCNB.com and get a mastercard for him - its a good bank and it will report well.

MOM - suggestion - don't argue - just you do the money!

Let us know - Dogman

13. Vice

Vice Guest

RE: Welcome VICE :)

Thanks Dogman!

Too late I just sent out the application form for Citibank and Chase Secured Card already. As you suggest I just requested the application form from FCNB. Thank you so much. Will keep you all posted for all the results.

Thanks again.

14. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Welcome VICE :)

You'll have a card from one or two of them by the end of the month :)

CYA Dogman