It's me again with another ??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Mar 7, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

As you already know, I received my Orchard MC which originally came with $200 limit. I called the retention dept (thanks to you guys/gals) and received another $300. A whopping $500 credit limit. I then got bold and called Providian's retention center. Received an $1100 increase (whoo hoo). So what's the question you ask.....

I would like my MC to either increase their limit or be upgraded. Since the card is only 1 month old, what are my chances? My first payment isn't due for another 2 wks. Or should I focus on Providian?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: It's me again with another

How in the world did you get providian to give you $1100. Did you have an increase recently. PRovidian disses me everytime I call. However, I have never asked for retention. I have been scared. But when I do get up the nerve....watch out. LOL

As for you question, do you mean your MC from Orchard. Getting $300 out of Orchard is very good.

Providian always tells me that upgrades are by invitation only.

roni

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Roni, call

Upgrades are upgrades like to gold. Providian retention is one of the NICEST departments I've ever had the priveledge to call. I'm not at my regular computer or I'd post their direct number here. Just search Providian retention. I've posted their direct number everywhere.

Forget the scared nonsense, Their poor first line csr's can't do much.. but their retention department is great and when you call tomorrow tell them you were told "they were the department that can really help you". Be nice, and they'll be very generous. I truly find they're the best ones I've ever dealt with of all my credit cards. Post your great results tomorrow!

4. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

Re: Roni, call

800 215 7318 providian retention

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Roni, call

Thanks guys. Got home late from work. But I will try the number tomorrow. I will post how it goes.

roni