It's small but I am impressed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Jan 16, 2001.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

DMB wouldn't lower my APR as requested but offered take off $20 from my balance as a courtesy. That was last week and the account has already been adjusted. So I guess I will give them a thumbs up.

2. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

RE: It's small but I am impres

Has anyone had any luck getting this turned into a unsecured account? I have had one of these $500 for $99 cards since last March. I am hoping it becomes unsecured sometime, mainly to get rid of their silly hold on credit turnaround. Also, I'm now down to a three year old judgement, which was not debt-related, and a providian chargeoff. Anyone think I can get a better card than DMB? Or a carloan?

3. Killer

Killer Guest

I have had the $500 limit card from DMB for 7 months. It is secured by a $99 deposit. I called them today to ask that they lower the 24% APR. This has been my APR since I received the card. I was transferred to the department "that handles these matters". Well this department told me that they can't lower the APR on secured cards nor increase the limit without a deposit. They also said upon my anniversary my account would be reviewed for unsecured status. If granted, I can negotiate APR and limit. I asked for the criteria for unsecured conversion and he said the typical stuff including pulling credit report (no recent negatives and no major negatives;good debt ratio),no lates,no exceeding limits.

4. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

How much ya want to bet Killer that neither of us comes out with unsecured after the year. I think these guys will hold on to it as long as they possibly can, or until you cut up the card. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind them. They have yet to rip me off, CS seems friendly always, there isn't a lot of ridiculous gouging fees that the subprimes love so much. It's just that I want that unsecured status, I want the hold off my payments, and a modest increase in the credit line. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so. I'll find out in February, cuz that's my year. I'll post it when I know.