It's so hard when you get on a roll

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newstdt, Sep 11, 2001.

1. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

I applied for a Target card last night, I just COULDN'T help myself!! It's going to be the last one. I have had a Mervyns for about 15 years and had a Target before but closed it when we bought our house. At that time my credit didn't stink so I thought 21% was outrageous! Now here I am....

Well, I love the store, but I don't think they love me back enough to approve me. I know I probably shouldn't have applied but I was hoping with the Mervyns history, maybe that would help my case. Website said my app needed further review.

**sigh**

It's like eating chocolate when I know I shouldn't!! It's so fun at the time, but then the "I probably shouldn't have done that" enters my thoughts...

Thanks for listening.

No mail yet either....:(

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

The rewards of waiting are worth it. I now have 4 months with no inquiries, paid down two large balances and forced them to report.

My scores have gone up, DMB just increased my credit line from $5,300 to $8,000, smaller increases on 2 other cards, and I am getting better direct mail offers. Not responding yet, because I know they will get better. :)